Channel Security Sales Engineer
ObserveIT is the world’s first people focused cybersecurity company. We call ourselves a startup with a head start with 1900+ customers and growing at over 50%+ y-o-y. Also, ranked #2 best places to work in Boston by the Boston Business Journal.
Our insider threat monitoring and prevention solution is easy to deploy and provides customers with the ability to quickly detect risky behavior, streamline the investigation process and implement flexible prevention methods. We are proud to serve the Who's Who of the Fortune 500 as well as a growing number of mid-market firms. Our customers include Starbucks, The Coca-Cola Company, AIG, Cigna, Microsoft, and IBM, to name a few. We've grown 50% per year over the last five years and have outstanding financial and operational support from Bain Capital Ventures.
The Channel Sales Engineer Engineer will work closely with our Channel team to secure new/existing accounts and business opportunities. The Channel SE combines technical knowledge with sales skills and applies practical Information Security experience to address clients’ needs, build strong relationships with customers/channel to assist in closing the opportunity, and provides high-level pre-sales management to ensure successful and profitable delivery of our product.
- Become the technical adviser and advocate for ObserveIT products for the assigned sales team and region.
- Become proficient with ObserveIT technology, features, solutions, applications and be able to articulate ObserveIT technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Identify all customer technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Demonstrate ObserveIT products and services to partners and present our value proposition.
- Support pilot and proof of concept installations by defining scope, qualifying requirements, installing and configuring ObserveIT and ensuring customer success.
- Represent ObserveIT at marketing events, conferences and trade shows.
- Experience in responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Channel Sales Engineer within the Information Security space/industry.
- Proven success growing and supporting existing/new business (specifically enterprise customers) and a passion for providing technical expertise, guidance, and training to channel partners.
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or similar highly preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of all current versions SQL Server (2012, 2014, 2016) – including but not limited to SQL Admin tasks, running queries, understanding database structures.
- Proficient knowledge of Active Directory and identity management.
- Proficient knowledge of networking - TCP\IP, subnetting, firewall administration, routing, and virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance: PCI, HIPAA, NIST, ISO, etc., and Security Assessment services.
- Strong presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Strategic approach to technical selling with a professional understanding of customer expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Job Type: Full-time
Fairness Matters: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.