Director of IS/IT
Obligo is looking for a Director of Information Security/Technology to join our high-energy, TLV beach-side, collaborative office culture and define and execute a global vision, strategy and roadmap for Obligo's IT and Security.
As a Director of IS/IT you will:
- Hire, train and manage site reliability/security engineers and IT personnel
- Develop and regularly communicate the IT and Security vision, strategy and roadmap to internal and external stakeholders (including customers)
- Develop and manage the annual IT/Security budget for the global team in coordination with the CTO
- Manage the IT ticketing system (from Tier 1-Tier 3), ensuring follow-the-sun coverage for effective ticket resolution
- Establish processes for employee onboarding and offboarding, including purchasing hardware and ensuring all company devices are hardened and secure
- Establish clear and efficient processes for IT software selection, procurement, implementation, and maintenance
- Define, measure and report scorecards for IT and Security
- Lead and support the Obligo Risk Committee as the primary technology risk-aware member of the leadership team
- Own IT, Security and Compliance tools and lead new projects including development, review, implementation and augmentation. Example of tools/activities:
- Administer the company’s G-suite environment, setting and enforcing policies and monitors regarding access, spam and other threats
- Conduct white-hat exercises to test team awareness for phishing and other malicious activities
- Setup and maintain password policies across our organization and enforce them with proper tooling
- Lead, schedule and drive risk assessment activities such as annualized penetration testing, secure code review and vulnerability management
- Own technical governance and compliance requirements, as well as the achievement and maintenance of criteria from specific compliance frameworks (e.g. SOC2, PCI, etc.)
- Work closely with the CTO, COO and General Counsel to discuss goals, priorities and progress against the Security roadmap
- At least 5 years of experience working as an IT or/and Security leader for a global/ multi-region company
- At least 2-3 years of experience leading and achieving governance and compliance standards (SOC2, PCI, etc.)
- Deep understanding of information security best practices, compliance frameworks, strategy-in-practice, tactical security operations and industry innovation horizons
- Proven hands-on experience implementing IT/Security processes and tools (such as onboarding/offboarding processes, SSO/MFA, cloud monitoring and security tools, ticketing systems, vulnerability programs, etc.)
- Proven project management skills, ideally for initiatives that crossed functions
- Great management skills and passion for leading other employees
- Self-managed, organized, methodical and able to handle pressure
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Obligo is the simplest way to establish trust between renters and landlords. Harnessing the power of open banking, big data and AI, Obligo acts as a trusted 3rd party to rid both landlords and renters from the burden of security deposits. Deposit-free properties, powered by Obligo, are simpler to operate and much more attractive to renters.
Obligo’s R&D center is based in Tel-Aviv (Geula beach!).
Obligo is backed by VCs such as 83North, 10D and Entree capital.
Round A announcement - Nov 2020
Obligo 'Most Promising Israeli-Founded Fintech Startup in Lending and Financing' - Mar 2021
Round B announcement - Nov 2021