ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our home offices and physical office locations in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City (or from wherever our adventures take us!) Our clients include Nike, Facebook, J.P. Morgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-It, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the best places to work in events (2019), and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in recovery days, happy hours (virtual, if we must), friendly (but always competitive) fitness challenges, company retreats and yearbooks, and open meetings to facilitate discussions that heal, inspire, and bring us closer. We encourage each other to bring our whole selves to work. We want to hear about your lived experiences and authentic perspectives. We want you to be unapologetically you.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Staffing Coordinator is an integral part of the Operations team who assists with recruiting, hiring, and onboarding temporary project staff across all clients. This person will partner with all departments to assist with outsourced labor and resourcing needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Act as go-to resource for company outsourced labor needs
- Maintain and build the On Brand Staffing (OBS) event and part-time staff database
- Recruit talent as needed for project-specific work
- Keep talent network engaged
- Create temporary staff offer letters
- Work closely with Finance & HR to ensure staff onboarding documents and payroll are completed on time.
- Maintain relationships with external staffing agencies
PROJECT-SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
Project Staffing (30%)
- Network and source to identify and recruit talent for projects
- Conduct interviews
- Maintain internal bench staff database
- Coordinate with project teams to ensure timesheets are approved correctly and in a timely manner
Event Execution (70%)
- Beyond admin duties, the position will consist of staffing one-off events on an as-needed basis and filling in as project staff for large-scale client events.
- Manage onsite staff, break schedules, and roles/responsibilities
- Facilitate staff training to ensure all staff is familiar with the brand.
- Act as a liaison between Account/Production/Creative and temporary event staff
- Assist with onboarding and new hire paperwork for onsite hires
- Partner with onsite leads to ensure they follow local, state and federal safety and health guidelines
- Provide feedback on onsite staff to internal team post-events
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Marketing, HR or related field a plus
- 1+ years recruiting experience desired, preferably for marketing projects and events, and/or creative positions.
- Experience in a creative environment or staffing agency.
- Experience sourcing, phone screening, interviewing, reference checking candidates
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills; inclusive and approachable
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple work projects, adapt to changing priorities, and meet set deadlines
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Positive and flexible
- A team player mentality
- Flexibility working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends)
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time