ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our home offices and physical office locations in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City (or from wherever our adventures take us!) Our clients include Nike, Facebook, J.P. Morgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-It, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the best places to work in events (2019), and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in recovery days, happy hours (virtual, if we must), friendly (but always competitive) fitness challenges, company retreats and yearbooks, and open meetings to facilitate discussions that heal, inspire, and bring us closer. We encourage each other to bring our whole selves to work. We want to hear about your lived experiences and authentic perspectives. We want you to be unapologetically you.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Copywriter is a conceptual thinker who is passionate about telling stories. This person is comfortable working across all mediums and has a strong point of view on concept and story on behalf of brands. Copywriters demonstrate a high level of craft in all facets of writing, from in-product to short and long-form scripts.
This person thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a hands-on collaborator, and is always looking to grow and learn new things. The Copywriter enjoys writing for different audiences, is flexible when it’s time to pivot, and knows how to partner with cross-disciplinary and client teams every phase of the development from ideation to implementation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate in concepting and developing big, breakthrough ideas for experiential advertising events and campaigns.
- Write and edit copy for multiple mediums, including social, UX, , signage and activations, manifestos, sizzle reels, OOH, print, promotional material, short form videos, etc.
- Present ideas in a clear and focused way that builds consensus within the team and with external stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment with designers, strategists, creative technologists, and account + production leads.
- Recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization and actively create an environment of safety and understanding to incorporate those different perspectives and cultures.
- Proactively push the boundaries of creative excellence while keeping an eye on delivering required results.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2+ years of hands-on copywriting experience
- Experience in agency/in-house concepting and writing copy for global brands preferred
- Experience in creative multicultural marketing and DEI initiatives preferred
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong conceptual thinker
- Strong storytelling skills
- Impeccable knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and common style guides
- Ability to work autonomously, with limited direction
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt brand voices to fit different media, platforms, etc.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments and clients
- Willingness to experiment in new and emerging formats
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional and distributed teams: ask questions, take direction, give direction, drive things forward, catch the details, work independently and brainstorm.
- Total comfort with digital devices and online collaboration platforms such as the G Suite and Keynote, with collaborative UX tools like Figma a plus.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Natural curiosity—the drive to always be learning and growing, professionally and personally.
- High energy and flexibility in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends as deadlines dictate).