On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer has repeatedly recognized OBE as one of the Best Places to Work in Events, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in company retreats and corporate yearbooks, wellness challenges and grown-up field trips. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As Creative Services Coordinator you will support the workflow management of all creative (strategy & design) projects from briefing through execution. This consists of monitoring the creative process with the Creative team and collaborating with internal and external partners to ensure the clients’ needs are being met with premium design and creative solutions. You will work with the Senior Creative Services Manager to understand both internal and freelance talent needs, assist in assigning, contracting, briefing, onboarding and communicating with relevant resources for both client and internal projects. You will use your excellent people skills to understand interpersonal team dynamics and serve as a connector and culture builder across the agency.
Additionally, you will support our OBE Marketing team in managing OBE brand assets and internal project timelines as well as assist in capabilities and case study presentation building. You will thrive in a high-pressure, constantly changing, fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and tight timelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assign work to Creative team based on needs of client and projects.
- Ensure projects deliver on-brief, on-time, on-budget.
- Coordinate and monitor day-–to-day aspects of projects, including internal reviews.
- Knowledgably speak to both design and production details and needs.
- Support Creative Resourcing Team with project resource needs, forecasting, and allocation.
- Support in creating contracting arrangements for freelance resources.
- Assist in processing freelancer invoices.
- Regularly check in on internal and freelance resources to track project hours and overages.
- Enter freelance / contractor hours into internal tracking systems and monitor hour burn rates to ensure proper time management and / or advise on potential contract adjustments needed.
- Track creative briefs and work-back timelines.
- Distribute action items and coordinate follow-up with team.
- Maintain consistent communication with Account, Production, Technology and the Creative team to ensure clarity on all aspects of on-going projects and proposals.
- Establish positive and professional relationships with cross-functional teams.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years experience in marketing, project management, promotions, events, and/or staffing.
- Agency experience preferred.
- BA/BS in marketing, business administration, communications, or related field a plus.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Attention to detail is mandatory.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and commitments and meet deadlines.
- Decisiveness and ability to make quick decisions that impact the Creative Department and operations as applicable.
- Excellent ability to pro-actively identify issues/obstacles and effectively create solutions.
- Exceptional people skills, including the ability to manage multiple personalities and pick up on both spoken and unspoken team needs.
- Ability to work independently as well as with internal and external teams.
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- Flexibility in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).
OTHER QUALTIES AND SKILLS
- Social, outgoing personality with ability to network and develop and maintain strong client and customer relationships.
- Experience using Procim and / or Trello a plus. Not required.
- Meeting planning is a plus. Not required.