ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our home offices and physical office locations in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, Tesla, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-it, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the best places to work in Events, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in recovery days, Zoom happy hours, friendly (but always competitive) fitness challenges, company offsites and corporate yearbooks, and open meetings to facilitate discussions that heal, inspire, and bring us closer. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Senior Account Manager is an integral part of the Account Team, serving as the primary liaison with clients. This person is responsible for the successful management and execution of specific projects and events, which includes accountability for financial and operational performance, and allocation and utilization of personnel and all internal and external resources. Bringing consistent thought leadership and management, the Senior Account Manager ensures that programs and marketing strategies are properly developed and executed to successfully promote client brands, messages, products and services in accordance with client objectives and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide forward thinking and insightful analysis of client brand objectives to develop innovative and industry defining work to consistently deliver relevant experiences to the target audience
- Effectively project manage multiple programs simultaneously and ensures they are planned, developed, staffed and executed with the utmost professionalism, accountability, skill, and timeliness, thus successfully meeting client deliverables and program objectives at the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Lead through collaboration with account personnel, such as Project Managers, Account Coordinators, Interns, and equally with internal cross functional teams such as Creative, Production, Technology to encourage and empower team members for quality contribution
- Cultivate existing and new client relationships through authentic connections, in an effort continue to grow the business
- Drive new business development activities, including identifying new opportunities with new and existing clients to further penetrate the target market segments.
- Remain current in industry trends and technologies and communicate relevant information with our teams
PROJECT-SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Partner with client/brand teams to understand and identify business opportunities to offer solutions and plans to deliver measurable results
- Develop Experiential Tactical Plans, in partnership with appropriate departments including Strategy/Creative, Production, Digital, Tech and Social
- Manage the day-to-day activities for each project and provide effective management and execution
- Ensure all creative and marketing materials for each project are developed in accordance with brand visual guidelines and standards, secure all necessary approval by clients as required, and utilized in accordance with agreed upon project plans
- Partner with Digital team to manage the use of digital and social media functions for assigned accounts
- Provide ongoing monitoring of expense and actual costs for approved project budgets. Update client and obtain client approval as needed. Reconcile all project expenses in partnership with program Producer and Creative leads
- Lead weekly status meetings and deep dives. Lead and manage the proper distribution of all communications and client/account team interface throughout each engagement.
- Provide timely performance feedback for both internal and onsite staff to senior management
- Hire, train and supervise project and event staff
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in marketing, business administration, communications or related field
- 4-7 years of experience in marketing, promotions, and/or IRL/virtual events. On-site event management experience a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Account Lead, being primary point of client contact.
- Experience working with large tech companies, managing tech product launches, user conferences, annual sales meetings and/or trade shows.
- Experiential marketing agency experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and commitments and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service/client focus.
- Creativity and strategic forward thinking.
- Excellent ability to pro-actively identify issues/obstacles and create timely and effective solutions.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and in teams.
- Experience managing program financials and forecasts.
- Strong computer skills that include Microsoft Office, Keynote, and various collaboration platforms.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- Ability to network and develop and maintain strong client and customer relationships.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and positive attitude.
- High energy and stamina and flexibility in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).
- Ability to video conference for multiple hours within a day.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time following CDC, federal, state and local guidelines.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and stay on your feet for extended periods of time.