ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our home offices and physical office locations in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. We specialize in engagement marketing, delivering a multitude of experiences including Online and Virtual Events, Social Media Campaigns, Consumer marketing events, B2B Conferences, Internal Events, Retail Experiences, and Influencer Marketing Events. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, Tesla, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-it, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the best places to work in Events 2019, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in recovery days, Zoom happy hours, friendly (but always competitive) fitness challenges, company retreats and corporate yearbooks, and open meetings to facilitate discussions that heal, inspire, and bring us closer. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Account Manager is an integral part of the Account Team, delivering an exceptional level of client service and creative thinking and is responsible for development and execution of programs on behalf of our clients. This includes a deep understanding of the business; client needs, expectations and requirements to provide accountability for financial and operational performance, managing client expectations with internal and external resources. Bringing consistent leadership and support the Account Manager ensures that programs and marketing strategies are properly developed and executed to successfully promote client brands, messages, products and services in accordance with client objectives and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage the cross-functional teams throughout the planning, development, activation and wrap up stages of specific projects/events, including on-site.
- Prepare presentation decks, meeting agendas and meeting notes in PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Drive all client activations and project/event activities assigned to them and ensures that they are planned, developed, staffed and executed with the utmost in professionalism, accountability, skill, and timeliness, thus successfully meeting client deliverables and program objectives at the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Through collaboration with internal teams (Creative/Strategy, Production and Digital/Technology), and discussions with key client decision makers, develop project plans, budgets and key deliverable dates within the agreed upon scope of work.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and/or supervising other account personnel, such as Account Coordinators, Interns, and external teams.
- Help to provide forward thinking, extensive and insightful analysis of client objectives to develop innovative and fresh ways to deliver client’s message and enhance the brand presence within consumers’ eyes, through various marketing tactics.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership for internal and external account teams to ensure client deliverables and timelines are met.
- Manage client expectations and team performance on approved and defined objectives.
Individual and Team Development
- Support new business development activities, including identifying new opportunities with new and existing clients to further penetrate the target market segments.
- Drive and motivate a team and project through to successful completion with superior client service.
- Remain current with industry trends and technologies and communicate relevant information to account teams.
PROJECT-SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Day-to-day client management, initiate and / or continue to build the relationship, trust and to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Partner with client / brand teams to understand and identify business opportunities to offer solutions and plans to deliver measurable results.
- Manage the day-to-day activities for each project/event and provide excellent, effective management and execution with both internal and external teams.
- Develop Experiential Tactical Plans, in partnership with appropriate departments including Strategy / Creative, Production, Digital and Social.
- Hire, train and supervise both project and event staff while in office and on-site.
- Facilitate execution of sponsorship activations on behalf of client, from lead up coordination to select onsite management.
- Provide timely performance feedback on all staff to senior management.
- Work onsite at projects/events and manage project/event activities as needed on behalf of OBE.
- Lead weekly status meetings and deep dives. Lead and manage the proper distribution of all communications and client/account team interface throughout each engagement.
- Ensure all creative and marketing materials for each project/event are developed in accordance with brand visual guidelines and standards, secure all necessary approvals by clients and ensure materials are utilized in accordance with agreed upon project plans.
- Partner with Digital/Technology department to manage the use of digital and social media functions for assigned accounts.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of expenses and actual costs for approved project/event budgets. Update client and obtain client approvals as needed. Reconcile all project/event expenses in partnership with program Producer.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in marketing, business administration, communications or related field
- 4+ years of experience in marketing, promotions, and/or events. On-site event management experience a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Account Lead, being primary point of client contact.
- Experience managing experiential activations or relevant marketing experience Experiential marketing agency experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills. The ability to influence cross-functional teams without direct authority.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, deadlines, and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and commitments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple duties with competing timelines.
- Strong customer service/client focus.
- Creativity and forward thinking.
- Ability to effectively present and sell ideas.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent ability to pro-actively identify issues/obstacles and create timely and effective solutions.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to build trust and respect through active coaching, communication, and listening.
- Experience managing program financials and forecasts.
- Strong computer skills that include Microsoft Office, Keynote, and Google Docs.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- High energy and stamina and flexibility in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).
- Social, outgoing personality with ability to network and develop and maintain strong client and customer relationships.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and positive attitude.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and stay on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time following CDC, federal, state and local guidelines.