SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for leading all facets of human resources including full life-cycle talent acquisition, employee relations, training and development, legal compliance and performance management. This position requires a high level of integrity, a strong depth of HR knowledge, and a proactive approach to HR related issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Advise and respond to any questions regarding HR programs, practices, and procedures.
- Assist in managing Payroll, Benefits and 401K provider.
- Manage recruiting, staffing logistics, offer letters, drafting job descriptions, screening/interviewing candidates and onboarding for designated office and/or open positions.
- Conduct employee orientation, development, and training; as well as assist with terminations and exit interviews.
- Support with organizational and resource planning.
- Act as project manager for HR initiatives, preparing plans with appropriate milestones and deadlines.
- Facilitate employee relations, trainings and company-wide communication.
- Assist in administering the annual performance appraisal process.
- Provide guidance and consultation to management in the resolution of staff complaints, performance coaching and counseling.
- Knowledgeable of accepted legal practices in the daily workplace and diligently enforces policies in a manner consistent with the laws.
- Maintain overall awareness of laws and regulations and responds to any issues or complaints of staff.
- Prepare budgets for HR, culture and staffing related investments and costs, including recruitment, training and employee reward budgets.
- Liaise with the finance department to ensure control of training and development expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Assists with ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Recommend and implement HR policies and procedures as well as ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Manage 30- and 60-day review schedule; send out notification of 90-day reviews to managers, make sure completed in timely manner and edit accordingly.
- Complete HR system paperwork for new hires, transfers, promotions, and separations.
- Ensure accurate record keeping by maintaining and updating the Open Job Report, Employee Status Sheet, Headcount Report, and Organizational Charts on weekly basis.
- Maintain personnel files for respective employees and client groups as needed.
- Advise managers on responses to any employee relations issues including grievance and disciplinary issues if necessary. Liaise with external professionals as required.
- Manage an HR Assistant, Coordinator and/or Generalist depending on headcount.
- Identify and implement department and company initiatives that need to be revised or developed.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field of study
- 2 - 5 years human resources experience
- 1 - 2 years of recruiting experience
- Previous experience as an HR generalist or similar with impressive people management capabilities and track record of establishing credibility and adaptability
- Experience working in an event or staffing agency a plus
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of employee relations, compensation and benefits, local and national laws, and FMLA regulations.
- Demonstrated capability to maintain strict confidentiality with employee information.
- Outstanding customer service orientation, sense of urgency, and a high-level of personal integrity.
- Able to excel in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and pivot while managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook Skills.
- Experience with a Payroll and ATS system.
- Working with budgets and Expense Reporting.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative, work environment.
- High energy and flexibility in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).
- Willingness to go on-site and support events.