SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Designer (Digital) is an integral member of the Creative Department, primarily responsible for the creation of immersive digital experiences for both live and virtual events for a range of brands. This consists of driving the design process, integrating with strategists and designers from within the Creative team, and collaborating with internal cross-functional teams, and external partners to ensure client needs are being met with premium design ideas and creative solutions. The Designer (Digital) will be a critical component in the generation of 360 marketing campaigns, developing art direction and new branding, creating still and motion graphics, and other creative tasks as assigned.
The hands-on nature of event marketing work requires a willingness to observe, adapt, research, explore, execute, revise, and refine creative elements in a fast-paced environment. The superstar that fills this role will embrace interdisciplinary creative projects, multi-tasks with ease, have an insatiable appetite for design, thrive when working with top-notch brands, and have an excellent attitude that inspires others.We are looking for designers who are are CA-based or excited to relocate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- CONCEPTING: Offer strategic design solutions and create working drawings, storyboards, layouts, mood boards, and mockups to evaluate and present ideas in initial project phases.
- DESIGN: Generate top notch designs across existing and emerging digital and experiential platforms. Create 2D and/or 3D designs to demonstrate concepts in support of strategies developed for assigned projects. Efficiently manage presentation documents, digital assets, print assets, and all other creative components on assigned projects.
- PRESENTATION: Develop presentation skills by being involved in both internal and client presentations and conversations.
- INTERNAL COMMUNICATION: Coordinate with internal teams leading up to and during activations to ensure approved creative materials are delivered on a timely basis, always maintaining consistency and quality.
- EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION: Coordinate with outside resources, including vendors, printers, and contractors as needed for completion of the design and build out. Coordinate with freelance or contract creatives, supporting their integration into the team and streamlining design deliverables for client when relevant.
- PROJECT & TIME MANAGEMENT: Work with cross-functional teams to establish and manage creative deliverable timelines to ensure work is on-time and of high quality.
- INSPIRE: Seek out inspiration and share insights with internal teams to help educate and inspire.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, UI/ UX design, Product Design, or similar discipline.
- 2+ years experience as a digital designer creating digital assets (websites, banner ads, marketing emails, social media content, apps etc.)
- Strong portfolio of creative work to demonstrate design for both digital + physical applications, +mobile or interactive design skills.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 2D DESIGN: Expertise in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), proficiency required. Knowledge of print file prep, printing techniques and materials is a plus.
- MOTION GRAPHICS + VIDEO EDITING: Design ability in After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, or similar animation and editing software is preferred.
- SOCIAL MEDIA + INFLUENCER: Understand the ideation, development and deployment of content for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. PRESENTATION: Keynote, Powerpoint, Google Docs/Slides, proficiency required.
- ADMIN: Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Dropbox, proficiency required.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Possess excellent organizations, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Articulate design solutions to team members and clients effectively.
- Translate strategic vision into tangible project design deliverables that meet project needs and garner approvals.
- Multi-task while coordinating multiple projects + resources.
- Embody a strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
- Make smart decisions in accordance with company policies + procedures.
- Be a team player who collaborates easily + brings creative momentum to projects.
- High energy and stamina and flexibility in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).