POSITION TITLE: SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our home offices and physical office locations in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, Tesla, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-it, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the best places to work in Events 2019, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in recovery days, Zoom happy hours, friendly (but always competitive) fitness challenges, company retreats and corporate yearbooks, and open meetings to facilitate discussions that heal, inspire, and bring us closer. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Senior Account Manager is an integral part of the Account Team, serving as the primary liaison with clients. This person is responsible for the successful management and execution of specific projects and events, which includes accountability for financial and operational performance, and allocation and utilization of personnel and all internal and external resources. Bringing consistent thought leadership and managementthe Senior Account Manager ensures that programs and marketing strategies are properly developed and executed to successfully promote client brands, messages, products and services in accordance with client objectives and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership for internal and external account teams to ensure client deliverables and timelines are met. Manage client expectations and team performance on approved and defined objectives.
- Help to provide forward thinking and extensive and insightful analysis of client messages to develop innovative and fresh ways to deliver client’s message and enhance their presence in consumers’ eyes, including various marketing tactics such as digital and social media.
- Drive all client activations and project/event activities assigned and ensures that they are planned, developed, staffed and executed with the utmost in professionalism, accountability, skill, and timeliness, thus successfully meeting client deliverables and program objectives at the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Manage the planning, development, activation and wrap up stages of specific projects/events, both in the office and on-site.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and/or supervise other account personnel, such as Project Managers, Account Coordinators, Interns, and external teams.
- Drive new business development activities, including identifying new opportunities with new and existing clients to further penetrate the target market segments.
- Remain current in industry trends and technologies and communicate relevant information to account teams.
PROJECT-SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Partner with client/brand teams to understand and identify business opportunities to offer solutions and plans to deliver measurable results.
- Develop Experiential Tactical Plans, in partnership with appropriate departments including Strategy/Creative, Production, Digital and Social.
- Manage the day-to-day activities for each project/event and provide excellent, effective management and execution.
- Ensure all creative and marketing materials for each project/event are developed in accordance with brand visual guidelines and standards, secure all necessary approval by clients as required, and utilized in accordance with agreed upon project plans.
- Partner with Digital department to manage the use of digital and social media functions for assigned accounts.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of expense and actual costs for approved project/event budgets. Update client and obtain client approval as needed. Reconcile all project/event expenses in partnership with program Producer.
- Lead weekly status meetings and deep dives. Lead and manage the proper distribution of all communications and client/account team interface throughout each engagement.
- Provide timely performance feedback on in office and onsite staff to senior management.
- Hire, train and supervise project and event staff both in office and on-site.
- Facilitate execution of sponsorship activations on behalf of client, from lead up coordination to select onsite management.
- Work onsite at projects/events and mange project/event activities as needed.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in marketing, business administration, communications or related field
- 4-7 years of experience in marketing, promotions, and/or IRL/virtual events. On-site event management experience a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Account Lead, being primary point of client contact.
- Experiential marketing agency experience preferred.
- Experience managing tech product launches, user conferences, annual sales meetings and/or trade shows is a plus.
- Experience in community organizing or working with community-based organizations and non-profits is a plus.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and commitments and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service/client focus.
- Creativity and forward thinking.
- Excellent ability to pro-actively identify issues/obstacles and create timely and effective solutions.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and in teams.
- Experience managing program financials and forecasts.
- Strong computer skills that include Microsoft Office, Keynote, and various collaboration platforms.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- Ability to network and develop and maintain strong client and customer relationships.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and positive attitude.
- High energy and stamina and flexibility in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and stay on your feet for extended periods of time.