POSITION TITLE: SENIOR TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Senior Technical Project Manager is a key member of the Production and Technology teams, focusing on the project planning, implementation, and integration of complex technical projects and systems. We are seeking a technology-focused superstar who has a solid understanding of the relationship between technology and software development, project planning, brand and business strategy, and client management- coupled with demonstrable experience in creating impactful end-user experiences.
As the Senior Technical Project Manager, you may find yourself collaborating with national and international QA teams, product teams, and subject matter experts, managing key technology clients and suppliers, leading UAT efforts for websites, new software functionality or launches, capturing user stories and requirements, or supporting other non-technical project management efforts- and sometimes doing all this on one day. You should be unafraid to take risks, explore new technologies and assert your own ideas while working comfortably with the rest of your team, other departments and clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with project goals and coordinate between various technical personnel, suppliers and subject matter experts during all project phases, from initial conception through implementation.
- Oversee entire implementation of technologies through a top-down approach to ensure success as defined by adherence to project scope, budget, timeline, and key performance indicators.
- Lead technical concept, UAT, and technical cross-functional team meetings to build extensive and integrated project timelines and feedback mechanisms to outline key project deliverables and requirements.
- Lead brainstorm, testing, and product launched phases for mobile/web software development.
- Manage technical clients, direct report(s), and suppliers including subject matter experts, product managers, development teams, and technology legal/cyber/risk teams with direct contract, budget, and overall relationship management.
- Coordinate with technology, legal, cyber security, human resources, and risk management teams on the evaluation, procedural development, and implementation of data security and overall risk mitigation procedures
- Be a front-end ambassador and teacher to help educate and support our team members/clients on the best practices, approaches and guidelines for technical project management, development, and implementation.
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering the best-in-class front-end and back-end user experiences and care about the small details in UAT, user stories, requirements, functionality, reporting, and technical security.
- Supporting on client pitches and presentations for new technical projects, as necessary.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in management information systems (MIS), computer science, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in technical project management, product management, or in the software development life cycle- preferably within the financial and/or event industry.
- 2+ years of experience working in the agile project management methodology advanced education degrees will be considered to supplement candidate’s work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiencies in AGILE/SCRUM methodologies and the use of Jira, Basecamp, Invision, Figma or related systems.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking capabilities that include crafting a strategic approach, developing user insights, and justifying technological decisions to meet project needs.
- Ability to effectively present ideas to both technical and non-technical individuals (internal, vendors, and clients).
- Project management skills and understanding of project processes (scheduling, documentation, risk analysis, and contingency planning) and understanding of agency collaboration and workflow. Ability to work well with producers, technologists, strategists, designers, vendors, etc.
- Ability and experience in proper data security management and considerations globally within technical system builds including but not limited to cyber security, Personal Identifying Data (PII) handling, SaaS enterprise product experience, and penetration testing.
- Experience with writing user stories and requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Highly analytical, logical, detail-oriented, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience managing clients and direct reports.
- Great communicator with the ability to create a clear, actionable plan from complex concepts within an ever-changing technical environment.
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to travel (following CDC and DOH guidelines) and work non-traditional hours (nights and weekends) as needed.