ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our home offices and physical office locations in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, Tesla, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-It, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the Best Places to Work in Events 2019, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in recovery days, Zoom happy hours, friendly (but always competitive) fitness challenges, company retreats and corporate yearbooks, and open meetings to facilitate discussions that heal, inspire, and bring us closer. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Leads and manages client engagements with a focus on diversity-oriented brand initiatives. Responsible for the overall client satisfaction, quality of service, and on-time, on-budget completion of the agency’s services. Looks beyond the day-to-day needs of projects to ensure the long-term stability and growth of the client relationship and work. Must be able to build/sustain significant relationships with senior level clients and serve as the client’s (all levels) strategic marketing partner. Serves as the internal team leader, provides mentorship to Account Directors as well as more junior account staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leverages existing relationships to drive new business
- Identifies organic new business opportunities among existing clients
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP + PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Maintains a strategic lead on the client’s industry, key competitors and ongoing solution development as it relates to integrated marketing solutions
- Manage solid client relationships of accounts and provide key strategic initiatives/thinking, accountable for account growth, client satisfaction, and retention.
- Sets strategic direction for client projects (annual and on-going account planning)
- Ensures agency alignment against client and consumer strategies
- Supports assigned account team on all functional and tactical aspects of execution including budgeting, timelines, KPIs, measurement, evaluation, modification and enhancements; training and reporting
- Reviews/approves account team project SOWs, including deliverables, resources and financial requirements
- Ensures the highest quality work is provided in a timely, cost effective manner
- Develops talent and skillset of account team/resource management
- Work across accounts to ensure that teams are staffed appropriately
- Ensure the use of “best practices” and effective processes across the department
- Establishes himself/herself as a trusted strategic business partner to the client
- Embodies and reflects agency’s performance-based culture and sets the appropriate leadership tone for team
- Commits him/herself and team to the highest standards for all agency work
- Ensures their direct team works effectively with cross-functional teams (especially creative and production)
- Develops and manages staff plan to ensure proper balance between client workload and agency administrative responsibilities
- Ensures proper training, development and motivation of team
- Works with VP of Account Services to identify strengths and development opportunities of the account team
- Oversees project budgets including tracking, billing, contributions and client approvals
- Adheres to agency and client financial reporting and contractual processes
- Identifies/leverages new agency revenue opportunities for growth
COMMUNITY AND RELATIONSHIP BUILDING
- Specialize in brand initiatives centered on engaging diverse and often marginalized communities
- Deliver support to marketers seeking to diversify their offerings
- Support diversity initiatives and promote a local approach to targeting underrepresented audiences
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, or related field; MBA degree a plus. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in marketing, promotions and events within a marketing agency, with at least 3 years in the Account Manager/Event Management role.
- Must have significant experience working with diverse suppliers, including minority, female, veteran and LGBTQ+ owned companies, among others.
- Experience working in entertainment marketing and managing talent is strongly preferred.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional track record managing client relationships with key decision makers.
- Strong account management and execution of experiential marketing projects and events that establish credibility and respect with both internal and external account teams.
- Ability to offer and evaluate creative concepts and develop superior program ideas to present to clients.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and mentoring account team personnel.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Superior ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, from inception through execution, and manage priorities, commitments, budgets and timelines to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Keen eye for detail and attention to delivering accurate and top-quality deliverables.
- Forward thinking and excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to pro-actively anticipate obstacles and issues, properly communicate to appropriate parties, and create solutions on a timely basis.
- Ability to continuously seek and identify areas of organic growth and expansion of services offered to clients.
- Superior presentation skills and ability to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and positive attitude.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- High energy and stamina and flexibility in working non-traditional hours, as needed.
- Ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time (following CDC and DOH guidelines).