SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Motion Graphics Designer is an integral member of the Creative Department (who collaborates closely with the Technology + Production teams), primarily responsible for animation outputting and delivering high-quality and innovative motion graphics content. This role will have a hand in the concept and layout for motion graphics projects and will consult directly with the Creative Project Lead from project inception to finish, and will also be responsible for the execution of animated graphics for post-production video across various platforms. This person will use visual effects, animation and other cinematic techniques to bring our projects and partner brands to the next level for a range of pre-recorded, simu-live, and live stream experience content as well as social media and web campaign assets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate in brainstorms to share new design perspectives and ideas. Understand the given brand identity and assets for the project / client.
- Collaborate with Creative (and Tech, Production and Account) team members to understand project scope and objectives
- Conceive, layout and design enticing motion graphics videos for various media. Be up to date and well versed in the latest motion graphics processes, methods, and techniques
- Research and analyze the best design techniques and solutions for creating motion graphics. Use creative thinking skills to exhibit a range of varied styles and techniques
- Edit video footage, adding elements to enhance motion graphics
- Propose solutions and concepts with rough sketches, storyboards, or mood-boards to align with Creative Lead and other key decision makers.
- Design and edit video pieces that strongly communicate product brand narrative, goals and concepts.
- Produce animated 2D & 3D graphics packages for large-scale client and partner productions.
- Work with important partners to ensure assets (raw footage) are usable. Complete work to a high quality and output final videos in a method that best serves the project and team.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 4-10 years of motion design/art direction experience, ideally in agency or experiential setting.
- Strong portfolio of creative work to demonstrate design for digital applications, mobile/web or interactive design work.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Creative and technical expertise with Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator), Premiere Pro, and other associated tools.
- Extensive knowledge of post-production workflow and the latest post-production techniques.
- Firm grasp of color space, bit depth, mattes, chroma keying, compositing.
- Solid understanding of video formats and compression techniques and familiarity with a wide range of camera acquisition formats, including RED, Alexa, GoPro, and Canon.
- Experience with a variety of third-party motion graphics plug-ins — Mocha, Trapcode Suite, DUIK, etc.
- Proficient in collaborative file sharing tools such as Dropbox, Sharepoint, etc. Also able to collaborate in client decks via Google Slides, Powerpoint, or Keynote as needed.
- Excellent communication + presentation skills that continuously add value to internal and external conversations, vendor relationships and pitches.