ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-It, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the Best Places to Work in Events 2019, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in WFHF (Work From Home Fridays) and BYPTWA (Bring Your Pet To Work Anydays), company retreats and corporate yearbooks, wellness discounts and grown-up field trips. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Sr Interactive Producer is a key member of the Technology Services team, supporting all technology based-needs for assigned small, medium and large-scale, digital, interactive and online experiential events. This includes but is not limited to overall project management focused on items such as; hardware and software research, development, integration and management. Responsibilties vary day-to-day. Somedays it’s helping your client dream up an interactive experience, the next it’s building requirements for a web application. This person works very closely with our Creative, Account, and Production leads to drive the lifecycle of a project.
We are seeking someone with experience managing software and web related projects. Someone that when they aren’t working in sprints, they’re thinking about hardware and software solutions. Someone with demonstratable and proven experience defining and building software/web development requirements, who is equal parts project manager (web/software experience) and technology tinkerer. This role is for the person that is solutions-oriented and strives to build, test, and prove what’s needed for success. A passion for technology is a must!.
The position is temporary with a potential for full-time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Management and execution of both software and hardware-based projects, as part of online, interactive and virtual based experiences.
- Management of design and creation (sometimes with 3rd party service providers) of new software.
- Equal parts front and back end architecture build, development oversight and implementation.
- Extensive involvement in proposing solutions around both software and hardware.
- Provisioning and authentication work focused on hardware, such as JAMF.
- Minor development work.
- Application architecture, often in partnership with 3rd party service providers.
- Tweak software and release updates regularly
- Work hand in hand with 3rd party service providers on operating systems and networks for user-facing applications.
- Integrate disparate software products onto one platform
- Often serve as general IT managers or systems architects
- Enforce IT standards
- Maintain IT documentation and update to new technologies
- High level, proven capabilities with the creation of master project plan including project timeline.
- Expertise within the QA/QC review/testing process, including optimization of the final “products”.
- Strong networking knowledge: Experience building networks, working with ISP’s, has enough knowledge to vet an existing network infrastructure
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with management and oversight of software and web related projects.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong customer service/client focus.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and in teams.
- Hands on approach, expert researcher and solutions expert.
- Skilled in balancing multiple, concurrent projects
- Build technical workflows in collaboration with the Technical Director and Technology services team, defining requirements and managing development projects/cycles. Interdisciplinary experience and ability to collaborate with Account, Production, Creative teams
- Familiar with cloud services (AWS)
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Scrum master
- Agile workflow
- Writing Jira user stories
- Strong understanding of privacy and data security
- Understand ADA/WCAG compliance.
- Proficient working with Windows, android, IOS, and Mac OS operating systems.
- Strong Audio Video knowledge.
- Willing to work non-traditional hours (nights and weekends) as needed.