ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, Tesla, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-It, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the Best Places to Work in Events 2019, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in WFHF (Work From Home Fridays) and BYPTWA (Bring Your Pet To Work Anydays), company retreats and corporate yearbooks, wellness discounts and grown-up field trips. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Creative Strategist is a key member of the Creative team, focusing on driving the development of insightful, big ideas that exceed client expectations, achieve results and win business for the agency. Creative Strategist demonstrate exceptional clarity around research and generate strong insights in order to drive creative thinking. This role must show an affinity for creative ideation and actively contribute unique ideas to brainstorms and concept development.
The Creative Strategist will independently drive concept development for select digital or experiential projects and RFPs, while working in collaboration with other Creative team members as well as cross departmental teams.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
RESEARCH & INSIGHTS
- Conducting research from a variety of sources, including primary research such as focus groups and interviews as well as secondary research from databases and industry sites, for projects & RFPs.
- Developing insights from research that inform and fuel creative brainstorms.
- Proactively researching client brands and industry trends to support Creative and Account teams in building organic and new business opportunities.
RFP RESPONSES & CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT
- Developing measurable objectives and Key Performance Indicators to help ground and guide overall concept and proposal development.
- Identifying key insights for creative concepting and brainstorms.
- Contributing to the development of big, brave creative ideas as part of RFP responses and Concept Development phases of won business.
- Crafting well-articulated plans and points of view, including comprehensive pitch decks for select opportunities and projects that include clear insights, strategies and creative concepts in a thoughtful, compelling and cohesive storyline. Support more senior Creative team members in this process for large opportunities and projects.
- Managing multiple stakeholders as part of the proposal development process, supporting the organization and creation of concept decks, monitoring and collecting content deliverables across the cross-functional team.
- Collaborating with Design team members to create cohesive and visually-inspiring presentations.
- Participating in client pitch presentations as needed.
MEASUREMENT & ROI
- Developing Measurement Plans for new and ongoing proposals and projects, discerning measurable objectives and Key Performance Indicators related to hose objectives, as well as identifying data collection methods for capturing data related to each KPI.
- Supporting the Account team in collecting and analyzing KPI-related data in efforts to calculate ROI/ROE and provide insightful recommendations to improve and optimize our project executions.
OBE MARKETING SUPPORT
- Monitoring industry trends for the agency (experiential and marketing trends) to share out internally as well as contributing to external agency thought leadership
- Assisting Marketing Manager and New Business teams in creating targeted capabilities presentations for specific clients by leveraging case study library and capabilities overview.
- Contributing to OBE Social Media presence in collaboration with Marketing Manager and Digital Content Marketing Manager.
- Supporting internal brand marketing initiatives in collaboration with VP People & Operations as needed.
DAY TO DAY TASKS COULD ALSO INCLUDE:
- Overall Strategy & Creative team support
- Participating in client discovery calls
- Architecting and presenting capabilities
- Copywriting support for both internal and project-specific deliverables (i.e. email marketing copy, signage copy support, etc.)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of three to five years agency experience.
- Experience generating ideas, concepts and overarching strategy for innovative social media campaigns, digital/ interactive & experiential programs.
- Advanced education degrees will be considered to supplement candidate’s work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent research and insight development skills.
- Strong copywriting & script writing skills.
- Excellent client presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of 360 marketing campaigns.
- Deep knowledge in brand positioning, awareness and consideration.
- Firm understanding and familiarity of working with Brand Guidelines and Style Guides.
- Up-to-date on current media, industry and consumer trends that affect audiences.
- Interest in and ability to Art Direct, preferred.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to travel and work non-traditional hours (nights and weekends) as needed.