ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, Tesla, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-It, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the Best Places to Work in Events 2019, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in WFHF (Work From Home Fridays) and BYPTWA (Bring Your Pet To Work Anydays), company retreats and corporate yearbooks, wellness discounts and grown-up field trips. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for leading all facets of human resources including full life-cycle talent acquisition, employee relations, training and development, legal compliance and performance management. This position requires a high level of integrity, a strong depth of HR knowledge, and a proactive approach to HR related issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Advise and respond to any questions regarding HR programs, practices, and procedures.
- Assist in managing Payroll, Benefits and 401K provider.
- Manage recruiting, staffing logistics, offer letters, drafting job descriptions, screening/interviewing candidates and onboarding for designated office and/or open positions.
- Conduct employee orientation, development, and training; as well as assist with terminations and exit interviews.
- Support with organizational and resource planning.
- Act as project manager for HR initiatives, preparing plans with appropriate milestones and deadlines.
- Facilitate employee relations, trainings and company-wide communication.
- Assist in administering the annual performance appraisal process.
- Provide guidance and consultation to management in the resolution of staff complaints, performance coaching and counseling.
- Knowledgeable of accepted legal practices in the daily workplace and diligently enforces policies in a manner consistent with the laws.
- Maintain overall awareness of laws and regulations and responds to any issues or complaints of staff.
- Prepare budgets for HR, culture and staffing related investments and costs, including recruitment, training and employee reward budgets.
- Liaise with the finance department to ensure control of training and development expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Assists with ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Recommend and implement HR policies and procedures as well as ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Manage 30- and 60-day review schedule; send out notification of 90-day reviews to managers, make sure completed in timely manner and edit accordingly.
- Complete HR system paperwork for new hires, transfers, promotions, and separations.
- Ensure accurate record keeping by maintaining and updating the Open Job Report, Employee Status Sheet, Headcount Report, and Organizational Charts on weekly basis.
- Maintain personnel files for respective employees and client groups as needed.
- Advise managers on responses to any employee relations issues including grievance and disciplinary issues if necessary. Liaise with external professionals as required.
- Manage an HR assistant, Coordinator or Generalist depending on headcount.
- Identify and implement department and company initiatives that need to be revised or developed.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field of study
- 2 - 5 years human resources experience
- 1 - 2 years of recruiting experience
- Previous experience as an HR generalist or similar with impressive people management capabilities and track record of establishing credibility and adaptability
- Experience working in an event or staffing company a plus
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of employee relations, compensation and benefits, local and national laws, and FMLA regulations.
- Demonstrated capability to maintain strict confidentiality with employee information.
- Outstanding customer service orientation, sense of urgency, and a high-level of personal integrity.
- Able to excel in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and pivot while managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook Skills.
- Experience with a Payroll and ATS system.
- Working with budgets and Expense Reporting.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to go on-site and support events.