ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, Tesla, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Instagram, Cheez-It, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the Best Places to Work in Events 2017, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in WFHF (Work From Home Fridays) and BYPTWA (Bring Your Pet To Work Anydays), company retreats and corporate yearbooks, wellness discounts and grown-up field trips. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are looking for a Production Manager to join our full-time team in our New York City office. Extensive runner or endurance event industry experience is strongly preferred.
The Production Manager is responsible for all elements of production for each assigned project/event from start to finish and for executing the approved production-specific Scope of Work in support of client goals and objectives. Responsibilities also include supervision of suppliers and production assistants as well as running multiple projects/events simultaneously.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as primary or secondary Production team contact throughout project/event with internal and external teams, primarily on Sports + Lifestyle based events and programs.
- Oversee the day-to-day production activities including the creation, management and reconciliation of task/timelines and budgets, and overall project quality control.
- Coordination of internal teams and external crews/vendors. Work closely with internal teams (Account, Creative, Operations) to ensure the high quality and smooth operation of overall production and that all key deliverables are met to the client’s satisfaction.
- Manage production related communications and documentation of any issues, changes, or required performances that impact the projects in an efficient, professional and courteous manner, maintaining high standards for quality at all times.
- Provide in-house expertise, as needed for other internal production staff.
- Source and secure new vendors as deemed necessary in keeping with the company’s standard operations procedures.
- Close coordination and management of confirmed vendors and suppliers.
- Coordinate with venue and required vendors, including owning the production schedule.
- Secure all applicable insurance and permitting as needed.
- Production of detailed operations plans including servicing and delivery schedules, load in and strike schedules, accessibility, on-site communications, weather preparedness and contingency planning.
- Create, manage and meticulously track detailed event and operational timelines.
- Manage and lead all crew and staff on site, including managing and controlling all Load Ins and Load Outs.
- Submit all status reports, photo/digital documentation, and other evidence of production as required by Account team and Client personnel.
- Reconcile all production budgets and prepare post event analysis of production including detailed after-action reports and evaluations.
- Handle sensitive information in keeping with all company standard operation procedures.
PROJECT-SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Full operational management over large and small-scale running, endurance and hospitality events in various US cities and potentially other countries
- Relationship management of suppliers with the utmost professionalism whilst overseeing their key deliverables, financials, and contract(s)
- Day-to-day contact of 3rd party production suppliers- initiate, manage, and continue to build the relationship, trust whilst ensuring the timeliness of all deliverables
- Develop event operational plans, in partnership with appropriate external suppliers and internal departments including Strategy/Creative, Production, Technical/Digital and Social
- Budget oversight of multiple event budgets operating simultaneously with different payment structures
- Integrate sponsorship activations on behalf of client, from lead up coordination to support of onsite implementation
- Trafficking and management of all brand assets across entire project including sourcing, procurement, production, delivery, supplier management and payment
- Ensure all creative and marketing materials for each project/event are developed in accordance with brand visual guidelines and standards, secure all necessary approval by clients as required, and utilized in accordance with agreed upon project plans.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience in producing experiential marketing programs and live events.
- Experience producing running or endurance events is preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Emergency Action Planning
- Security – Access Control
- Communications (radio/onsite)
- Location scouting
- Location layout and design
- Hotel negotiation regarding F&B
- Coordinating registration
- Transportation planning and execution
- Brand Trafficking
- Budget development and management
- Vendor and personnel management
- Registration software system operational management
- Staffing and resource planning
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Excellent computer skills that include Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Powerpoint, Word, OneNote, Teams, OneDrive, and Sharepoint.
- Strong producer with a positive and proven communication, planning, organizational, time management, delegation, and multi-tasking skillset.
- Ability to prioritize personally and on behalf of a team.
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous and fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Strong client focus.
- Effective problem-solver.
- Ability to manage events of varying size and level of complexity.
- Flexibility in working non-traditional hours (some nights & weekends), as needed.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.