ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, Tesla, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-It, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the Best Places to Work in Events 2019, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in WFHF (Work From Home Fridays) and BYPTWA (Bring Your Pet To Work Anydays), company retreats and corporate yearbooks, wellness discounts and grown-up field trips. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As Creative Director, you bring big, transformative ideas to the table and lead cross-functional teams to realize grand visions. As an experienced creative that blends strategic thinking and art direction, you work to inspire game-changing ideas in collaboration with our team of experts and articulate them into clear concepts with experiential at their core.
You examine all aspects of client problems and briefs to create thoughtful, viable and unexpected creative solutions. You’re a true team player with an expertise in experiential strategy. Your leadership will elevate the agency’s creative output, resulting in award-winning work, and you have the passion and creative chops to crank up brand impact for some of the world’s leading companies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Get your hands dirty by producing and guiding fantastic work that solves our clients’ business challenges in unique and innovative ways.
- Act as the catalyst that mixes and translates ideas, pushes concepts, and finds the best way to push our overall creative and design output.
- Lead Creative project teams, assigning tasks and monitoring progress to deliver inspired creative ideas and approaches.
- Guide strategic development of integrated experiential marketing campaigns throughout all phases of a project, overseeing planning, concept development, design and implementation.
- Lead and/or participate in brainstorming sessions and workshops designed toward specific outputs and solutions that address client’s strategy and tactical business needs.
- Interface with internal teams and clients for creative sell-in and review.
- Understand and work within project parameters: client goals and requirements, internal goals, audience experience, technical constraints, as well as budget and schedule.
- Collaborate with Account and Production leads to ensure all client deliverables are being met on a timely basis with consistency and high quality.
- Develop and present winning new business pitches.
- Be a sponge for industry trends, sharing insights and inspiration with the agency at large.
- Coordinate with outside resources, including vendors, photographers, printers, fabricators, freelancers, and/or web and interactive contractors, to complete creative materials for each account, as needed.
- Contribute leadership in terms of best practices and standard processes to drive the agency’s capabilities forward.
- Provide mentorship and direction to strategists, writers and designers, understanding their strengths and weaknesses, providing regular feedback to help them move forward along their growth path.
- Encourage curiosity, strive to continually increase the creative skill level of the department.
- Manage creative team members as necessary to ensure high quality work output, career satisfaction, growth and retention.
- Contribute to hiring processes to help recruit, evaluate and secure boundary-pushing new talent who complement and elevate the full creative team.
- Manage freelancers on project-teams on an as-needed basis.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Design or related field.
- Fluid capability with Mac suite of programs including Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote and Microsoft Office
- A solid portfolio of 8+ years that includes unique, successful and relevant experiential marketing projects (at least 3 years at an agency).
- Work samples that include strategy, copywriting and/or design personally owned and delivered as part of your role in the project/program.
- Demonstrated work or personal experience or interest in technology, lifestyle, sports and/or entertainment industries is a plus.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Effective communicator and storyteller with the ability to find the best approach to verbally and visually communicate an idea AND articulately present it to other team members, clients and agency partners.
- Excellent listener, able to get to the heart of what the client and/or team is telling you.
- Experience collaborating with teams of strategists, creatives, designers, producers, account managers and content developers.
- Adept at multi-tasking while coordinating multiple projects and resources.
- Strategic and visually compelling point-of-view demonstrated in all creative output.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Inspirational and motivating leadership, intuitive enough to know when to push yourself and your team to make ideas better
- Ambitious self-starter.
- Adaptability to whatever gets thrown at you from day to day.
- Ability to seamlessly integrate feedback from clients, internal team members and partners while staying aligned with project objectives.
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel up to 50% of the time.