Position Title: Partnership Activation Coordinator
ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, Tesla, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-It, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the Best Places to Work in Events 2019, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in WFHF (Work From Home Fridays) and BYPTWA (Bring Your Pet To Work Anydays), company retreats and corporate yearbooks, wellness discounts and grown-up field trips. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This key role is responsible for the overall partnership activation efforts for all partners specific to On Board developed events for one of our largest clients, an A-list global lifestyle and sporting goods brand. The Partnership Activation Coordinator functions as the primary point of contact between partners and the agency once they have committed to the agreement. They provide leadership and management of the process for developing and executing partnership strategies and programs that successfully enhance client marketing efforts and the event.
The Partnership Activation Coordinator provides the vital customer service and marketing role for event partners, providing them accurate and timely information regarding the event and their activation. This role is part of a team providing forward thinking and insightful analysis of partnership opportunities to develop innovative and fresh ways to combine client and partner messages, enhancing both parties’ brand with consumers.
This is a temporary position through April 2020 with the potential for contract extension or conversion to full-time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as the key point of contact for all partnership activation around prescribed events.
- Support partnership sales in developing pitch decks and activation plans.
- Provide leadership and management of all client activities to continue offering innovative and cutting-edge marketing strategies and programs.
- Develop and execute all partner activations and ensure each partner realizes the benefits they are entitled to.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop project plans and budgets within key deliverable dates and agreed upon scope of work.
- Manage the day-to-day activities for all partner opportunities and provide excellent, effective management and execution.
- On-site management of all engagements including partner support team. Oversee coordination of all program elements.
- Offer new and innovative program features to clients, including the use of digital and social media.
- Manage client expectations and team performance on approved and defined objectives.
- Remain current with industry trends and technologies and communicate relevant information to account teams.
- Continually strive to identify new opportunities to enhance the agency’s services and lines of business.
PROJECT SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
Partnership Coordination (90)%
- Daily correspondence with partners
- Maintain benefit grid for all partners to ensure all assets are produced or received on timeline
- Create activation overview for each partner; to be reviewed leading up to event week
- Coordinate with internal teams:
- Content Management for placement of all digital assets
- Production for all onsite elements and COI
- Account to manage client expectations
- Creative for any partner needs
- Production for any VIK items
- Assist Partnership Director as needed with pitch decks, proposals, recaps and general relationship management functions
- Admin functions to fulfill above role.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in marketing, business administration, communications or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in partnership sales, support or activation in the event arena. Must have significant on-site event experience. Digital, interactive, and/or online branding and program experience a plus.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional track record of client service. Must supply references to this ability.
- Ability to offer and evaluate creative concepts and develop superior program ideas to present to clients.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Superior ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, from inception through execution, and manage priorities, commitments, budgets and timelines to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Keen eye for detail and attention to delivering accurate and top quality deliverables.
- Forward thinking and excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to pro-actively anticipate obstacles and issues, properly communicate to appropriate parties, and create solutions on a timely basis.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and positive attitude.
- Excellent computer skills that include Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Access), MS Project or other project management tools a plus.
- Ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- High energy, stamina and flexibility in working non-traditional hours, as needed.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environments
- Social, outgoing personality with ability to network and develop and maintain strong client and customer relationships.