ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, Tesla, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-It, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the Best Places to Work in Events 2019, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in WFHF (Work From Home Fridays) and BYPTWA (Bring Your Pet To Work Anydays), company retreats and corporate yearbooks, wellness discounts and grown-up field trips. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Account Director – B2B is responsible for the overall leadership and management of specified client relationships within the B2B community. They are the primary point of contact between client teams and the agency for all assigned accounts.
It is the Account Director’s role to drive all client activations and project/event activities and ensure the project team plan, develop, staff and execute with the utmost in professionalism, accountability, skill, and timeliness, thus successfully meeting client deliverables and program objectives at the highest level of client satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as the Account Team Lead on assigned projects/events, bringing consistent leadership and support of the client’s marketing and promotional objectives and initiatives which successfully promote client brands, messages, products and services.
- Through collaboration with internal teams (Creative/Strategy and Production) and discussions with key client decision makers, develop project plans and budgets within key deliverable dates and agreed upon scope of work. Offer new and innovative program features to clients, including the use of digital and social media.
- Actively participate in pitch presentation meetings in communicating proposed strategies, concepts and plans for execution.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership for internal and external account teams to ensure client deliverables and timelines are met. Manage client expectations and team performance on approved and defined objectives.
- Develop strategic measurement and KPI evaluation, in collaboration with internal strategy team and client to ensure every program delivers business value and ROI.
- Manage the day-to-day activities for each project/event program and provide excellent, effective management and execution. Provide on-site management as needed in collaboration with project team, such as overall attendee experience, food & beverage, stage and set design, brand & environmental design, brand messaging, run of show, content capture & management, registration, security, A/V, venue management, and staff hiring and training.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of expenses and actual costs for approved project/event budgets. Update client and obtain client approvals as needed. Reconcile all project/event expenses. Ensure all outside vendor invoices are received and paid, and client invoices reflect all approved event expenses and fees.
- Manage creation and production of all program creative and marketing materials through collaboration with Creative and/or other internal/external project teams. Ensure materials are properly produced, delivered, installed and utilized and within approved budget and time constraints.
- Identify necessary vendor and partner support for each project/event and source accordingly. Obtain approval from VP Account Team in selecting vendors/partners. Finalize and manage appropriate contracts and agreed upon scope of work and timing of deliverables. Manage ongoing relationships with vendor partners
- Lead weekly status update calls and meetings and deep dives. Lead and manage the proper distribution of all communications and client/account team interface throughout each engagement.
- Manage the use of digital and social media functions for assigned accounts, specific to client / brand business requirements.
- Remain current with industry trends and technologies and communicate relevant information to account teams.
- Continually strive to identify new opportunities to enhance the agency’s services and lines of business.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in marketing, business administration, communications or related field; MBA degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing, promotions, and events within a marketing agency, preferably experiential marketing, with at least 4 years in an account manager/event management role for B2B clients.
- Must have significant client service and on-site event experience, including large corporate events, trade shows, and other B2B events.
- Brand management experience a plus.
- Digital, interactive, and/or online branding and program experience a plus.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional track record managing client relationships with key decision makers.
- Strong account management and execution of experiential marketing projects and events that establish credibility and respect with both internal and external account teams.
- Ability to offer and evaluate creative concepts and develop superior program ideas to present to clients.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and mentoring account team personnel.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Superior ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, from inception through execution, and manage priorities, commitments, budgets and timelines to meet internal and external deadlines. Keen eye for detail and attention to delivering accurate and top-quality deliverables.
- Forward thinking and an excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to pro-actively anticipate obstacles and issues, properly communicate to appropriate parties, and create solutions on a timely basis.
- Ability to continuously seek and identify areas of organic growth and expansion of services offered to clients.
- Superior presentation skills and ability to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and positive attitude.
- Excellent computer skills that include Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Access); MS Project or other project management tools a plus.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- High energy and stamina and flexibility in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).
- Superior creativity and a natural out of the box thinker.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and positive attitude.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and stay on your feet for extended period of time.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.