ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, Tesla, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-It, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the Best Places to Work in Events 2019, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in WFHF (Work From Home Fridays) and BYPTWA (Bring Your Pet To Work Anydays), company retreats and corporate yearbooks, wellness discounts and grown-up field trips. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This Environmental Designer is an integral member of the Creative Department, primarily responsible for the execution of creative elements for brand activations + events, new business proposals, project recaps, OBE internal collateral, on-site event installation, and other creative tasks as assigned.
The hands-on nature of event marketing work requires a willingness to observe, adapt, research, explore, execute, revise, and refine creative elements in a fast-paced environment. The superstar that fills this role will embrace interdisciplinary creative projects, multi-tasks with ease, have an insatiable appetite for design, thrive when working with top-notch brands, and have an excellent attitude that inspires others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- CONCEPTING: Create working drawings, storyboards, layouts, mood boards, and mockups to evaluate and present ideas in initial project phases. Generate ideas that solve design problems and meet the needs of the project.
- DESIGN: Create outstanding 2D and 3D designs to demonstrate concepts in support of strategies developed for assigned projects. Efficiently manage presentation documents, digital assets, print assets, floor plans, renderings, build drawings, and all other creative components on assigned projects.
- PRESENTATION: Present research, concepts and designs with polished and professional visual tools and verbal skills both internally, to project teams, and externally to clients. Understand larger company goals and be an ambassador for the agency at all times.
- INTERNAL COMMUNICATION: Effectively communicate within the design process to ensure optimal performance within budget and adherence to all deadlines. Coordinate with internal teams leading up to and during activations to ensure approved creative materials are delivered on a timely basis, always maintaining consistency and quality.
- EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION: Coordinate with outside resources, including vendors, printers, and contractors as needed for completion of the design and build out. Present work to clients in a polished manner that best represents the work and the agency.
- REFLECT + GROW: Maintain a broad understanding of how the audience interacts with activation designs and make use of the knowledge in the development of new projects. Learn from each new task and apply that knowledge immediately and continually. Seek out inspiration and share insights with internal teams to help educate and inspire.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Environmental Design, Architecture, or similar discipline.
- 2-5 years of industry/agency/internship experience in Design for events + activations, marketing, advertising, or similar.
- Strong portfolio of creative work, including 2D + 3D designs for both digital + physical applications.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 2D + PRINT: Knowledge of Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, etc) is preferred. Understanding of substrates + print techniques, print file prep, proofs, and print standards is ideal.
- 3D + FAB: Skills in Sketchup (Vray, Podium), Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, Studio 3D Max, Cinema 4D, or similar proficiency in 3D modeling software required. Knowledge of materials + fabrication processes required.
- PRESENTATION: Keynote, Powerpoint, Google Docs/Slides, proficiency required.
- ADMIN: Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Dropbox, proficiency required.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, proficiency required.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Possess excellent organizations, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Articulate design solutions to team members and clients effectively.
- Translate strategic vision into tangible project design deliverables that meet project needs and garner approvals.
- Multi-task while coordinating multiple projects + resources.
- Embody a strong work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace.
- Make smart decisions in accordance with company policies + procedures.
- Be a team player who collaborates easily + brings creative momentum to projects.
- High energy and stamina and flexibility in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).