ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, Tesla, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-It, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the Best Places to Work in Events 2017, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in WFHF (Work From Home Fridays) and BYPTWA (Bring Your Pet To Work Anydays), company retreats and corporate yearbooks, wellness discounts and grown-up field trips. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
OBE is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Senior Account Director candidate to join a fast-paced and dynamic team within On Board Experiential. The Senior Account Director is a leader of the account team and responsible for the overall leadership and management of specified client relationships. The Senior Account Director functions as the primary point of contact between client teams and the agency for all assigned accounts and provides leadership and management to their direct reports in development and executing marketing strategies and programs that successfully promote client brands, messages, products and services for all accounts.
It is the Senior Account Director’s responsibility to drive all client activations and project/event activities that they or their Account Team direct reports manage to ensure they are planned, developed, staffed and executed with the utmost in professionalism, accountability, skill, and timeliness, thus successfully meeting client deliverables and program objectives at the highest level of client satisfaction. The Senior Account Director will be responsible for guiding at least 3-4 projects/events simultaneously and managing at least one Account Manager.
The Senior Account Director is accountable for the operations and financial performance of his/her client engagements and for those of his/her direct reports, including the management, utilization, allocation and evaluation of internal and external resources and personnel.
The Senior Account Director is responsible for performing both short-term and long-term strategic business development activities as directed by the VP Marketing/Account Team and/or Executive Management, including identifying the necessary resources and services to accomplish continued growth in revenue and gross margin with new and existing accounts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as the Account Team on assigned projects/events, bringing consistent leadership and support of the client’s marketing and promotional objectives.
- Provide leadership and management of all client accounts to continue offering innovative marketing strategies and programs that successfully promote client’s brands, messages, products and services.
- Drive new business development activities, including identifying new opportunities with new and existing clients to further penetrate the target market segments.
- Ensure personnel are properly hired, trained and evaluated in accordance with company policies.
- Motivate, mentor and manage direct reports for continue development and superior client service.
- Through collaboration with internal teams (Creative/Strategy and Production), and discussions with key client decision makers, develop project plans and budgets within key deliverable dates and agreed upon scope of work. Offer new and innovative program features to clients, including the use of digital and social media.
- Prepare and submit program plans and budgets for approval by management and inclusion in presentation to clients.
- Implement and execute program/project plans in accordance with client approved directives and guidance from VP Marketing/Account Team.
- Manage the day-to-day activities for each project/event and provide excellent, effective management and execution. Ensure on-site management of all engagements. Oversee coordination of all program elements.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership for internal and external account teams to ensure client deliverables and timelines are met. Mange client expectations and team performance on approved and defined objectives.
- Provide motivation, leadership, mentoring and management to account team staff.
- Hire, train and supervise the work of interns and project/event staff both in office and onsite.
- Work onsite at projects/events and manage project/ event activities as warranted.
- Facilitate execution of sponsorship activations on behalf of client.
- Lead weekly status update calls and meetings and deep dives. Lead and manage the proper distribution of all communications and client/account team interface throughout each engagement.
- Manage creation and production of all program creative and marketing materials through collaboration with Creative and/or other internal/external project teams. Ensure materials are properly produced, delivered, installed and utilized and with approved budget and time constraints through collaboration with Production team.
- Manage the use of digital and social media functions for assigned accounts through collaboration with Digital / Social team.
- Manage project(s) contribution margins on a required regular basis, share reports with senior management and executive team.
- Remain current with industry trends and technologies and communicate relevant information to account teams.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, or related field; MBA degree a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in marketing, promotions and events within a marketing agency, preferably experiential marketing, with at least 3 years in the Account Manager/Event Management role. Brand Management experience preferred. Must have significant onsite event experience. Digital, interactive, and/or online branding and program experience is a plus.
- Exceptional track record managing client relationships with key decision makers.
- Strong account management and execution of experiential marketing projects and events that establish credibility and respect with both internal and external account teams.
- Ability to offer and evaluate creative concepts and develop superior program ideas to present to clients.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and mentoring account team personnel.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Superior ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, from inception through execution, and manage priorities, commitments, budgets and timelines to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Keen eye for detail and attention to delivering accurate and top-quality deliverables.
- Forward thinking and an excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to pro-actively anticipate obstacles and issues, properly communicate to appropriate parties, and create solutions on a timely basis.
- Ability to continuously seek and identify areas of organic growth and expansion of services offered to clients.
- Superior presentation skills and ability to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and positive attitude.
- Excellent computer skills that include Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Access); MS Project or other project management tools a plus.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- High energy and stamina and flexibility in working non-traditional hours, as needed.
- Ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- Superior creativity and a natural out of the box thinker.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.