ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, Tesla, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-It, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the Best Places to Work in Events 2017, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in WFHF (Work From Home Fridays) and BYPTWA (Bring Your Pet To Work Anydays), company retreats and corporate yearbooks, wellness discounts and grown-up field trips. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are looking for a Production Coordinator to join our team full-time. This position will be based out of our Sausalito office. The Production Coordinator is an integral part of the production team who assists the Production Manager in all elements of the production from start to finish for each assigned project/event.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as primary support for Production Manager and secondary onsite contact managing one or more onsite functions such as staff, vendors, infrastructure or location services
- Coordinate vendor orders, invoices and logistics along with communicating vital information across multiple departments, projects and entities
- Assist Event Production Manager with sourcing, hiring and managing event staff.
- Manage the procurement, safeguarding, and utilization of all physical components of event activations.
- Interact with and provide assistance to clients and related staff as needed
- Participate in production meetings and providing insight to clients and staff on event operations
- Assist in obtaining various city, state and local permits
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential and discrete manner
- Provide clear direction and expectations for the work of temporary employees, interns, volunteers and contractors responsible for the execution of a quality production and to ensure deadlines are met
- Serve as a liaison for vendors on event related matters
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in live event production required
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Experience in B2B/Tech/Sports event activations a plus
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent computer skills that include Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Access)
- MS Project or other project management tools a plus.
- Great planning, organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and commitments and meet deadlines.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Strong client/customer service experience and focus.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to pro-actively identify issues/obstacles and effectively create solutions.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic team work environment.
- Flexibility in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).
- Take charge professional with ability to effectively coordinate both administrative and logistics of events
- Effectively anticipate event planning and management needs, determine work priorities and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Enjoys working in a fast paced and fun environment!