ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, Tesla, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-It, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the Best Places to Work in Events 2017, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in WFHF (Work From Home Fridays) and BYPTWA (Bring Your Pet To Work Anydays), company retreats and corporate yearbooks, wellness discounts and grown-up field trips. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
OBENYC is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated VP, Account Services candidate to join a fast-paced and dynamic team within On Board Experiential. The successful candidate will balance their time between leading the OBENYC office and managing OBENYC business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS – 50%
Leadership – 20%
- Represents and communicates OBENYC office and business needs with Executive and Leadership teams.
- Support and participate in Leadership-led initiatives, including but not limited to, resource planning sessions, new business Go/No-Go meetings, offsite planning committees (department and company-wide), etc.
- In partnership with Account leadership colleagues, provide agency-wide Account leadership and lead agency-wide weekly Account meetings
- Motivate, mentor and manage junior staff at OBENYC for continued development
- Foster an inclusive environment and culture within OBENYC
- Manage and delegate, as appropriate, OBENYC office operational needs
- Provide client business leadership for accounts home-based out of OBENYC
New Business – 25%
- Drive new business development activities within the OBENYC office and market, including identifying new opportunities with new and existing clients
- Demonstrate clear understanding of OBE range of products and services and ability to sell these in to clients, new and existing
- Foster existing and new relationships with senior level executives that have the possibility of leading to new business opportunities
- Dedicate time to new business efforts, leveraging coffee, lunch and/or evening networking opportunities, as needed
Administrative Responsibilities – 5%
- Ensure personnel are properly evaluated, hired, and trained in accordance with company, state and city policies
- Be fully versed and effectively implement all OBE administrative and operational policies throughout the OBENYC office, staff and clients
PROJECT/CLIENT-SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS – 50%
Client Relationship Management & Leadership – 20%
- Demonstrate ability to develop and sustain senior level client relationships
- Demonstrate strong understanding of client business products, business environments, competitive environments, and business strategies
- Demonstrate clear point of view on client’s brand strategy and be able to articulate how it contributes to the development of assigned/scoped projects
- Act as main point of contact for assigned clients
- Ensure quality control of all deliverables and output for assigned projects
Project Management – 20%
- Responsible for overall project stability and success
- Lead internal cross-functional project activation teams based on account priorities, initiatives and strategies
- Lead weekly status update calls and meetings and deep dives
- Lead and manage the proper distribution of all communications and client/account team interface throughout each engagement
- Manage stakeholder engagement, ensuring each stakeholder is engaged appropriately, timely, and efficiently
Financial Management – 10%
- Understand how agency makes money, and create cost proposals and estimates accordingly
- Provide ongoing monitoring of expenses and actual costs for project/event budgets
- Update client and obtain client approvals as needed
- Ensure proper billing practice across all project
- Responsible for all account invoicing, billing and revenue payments
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, or related field; MBA degree a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in marketing, promotions and events within a marketing agency, preferably experiential marketing, with at least 3 years in the Account Manager/Event Management role. Brand Management experience preferred. Must have significant onsite event experience. Digital, interactive, and/or online branding and program experience is a plus.
- Exceptional track record managing client relationships with key decision makers.
- Strong account management and execution of experiential marketing projects and events that establish credibility and respect with both internal and external account teams.
- Ability to offer and evaluate creative concepts and develop superior program ideas to present to clients.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and mentoring account team personnel. Excellent organizational and analytical skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Superior ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, from inception through execution, and manage priorities, commitments, budgets and timelines to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Keen eye for detail and attention to delivering accurate and top-quality deliverables.
- Forward thinking and an excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to pro-actively anticipate obstacles and issues, properly communicate to appropriate parties, and create solutions on a timely basis.
- Ability to continuously seek and identify areas of organic growth and expansion of services offered to clients.
- Superior presentation skills and ability to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and positive attitude.
- Excellent computer skills that include Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Access); MS Project or other project management tools a plus.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- High energy and stamina and flexibility in working non-traditional hours, as needed.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- Superior creativity and a natural out-of-the-box thinker.