SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a Tour Manager, you will be responsible for working closely with the brand and On Board Experiential (OBE) to ensure that the mobile tour provides the highest level of customer service and authentically connects with the local target demographic at various locations across the country, to introduce, promote and educate consumers on the client’s products.
The mobile campaign is designed to build awareness and increase sales by offering engaging experiences. As a Tour Manager you will be responsible for managing tour staff, such as the Traveling Blogger (your tour partner) and Brand Ambassadors, as applicable, to ensure that the highest level of customer service and brand authenticity is achieved through the tour. The Tour Manager acts as an advocate by representing the brand with positive and enthusiastic support for the product at all times.
The Tour Manager demonstrates strong communication skills and is extremely conscientious, detail-oriented, and capable of autonomous decision making and quick problem solving when faced with challenges. The Tour Manager should be people-oriented, customer-service driven, and familiar with the target demo.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Primary field authority managing event tour logistics and activations.
- Lead on-site at sampling activations, including maintenance of tour assets, branding, setup-up and breakdown of all assets.
- Manage Traveling Blogger and all brand ambassadors for each event including setup and execution.
- Ability to problem solve under pressure and work autonomously to find solutions for issues that arise while on the road
- Ability to be “client-facing” when activating an event
- Communicate with specific event organizers on the tour to ensure production needs (power, water, parking, location, etc.) are met, and arrange appropriate adjustments to ensure optimum placement and activation activity.
- Manage tour staff hours, meal and rest breaks and ensure proper timesheets are submitted and approved for each week of program.
- Hire appropriate tour brand ambassadors from staffing agency, through proper hiring procedures
- Maintain drivers log books and vehicle inspections/maintenance to ensure the program is operating safely and in compliance with DOT.
- Oversee training of brand ambassadors according to OBE and client guidelines.
- Ability to work with the team to find smaller event opportunities by being intimately tied to the in-market communities and ensuring that all events the team is attending host our target demo.
- Recommend adding or deleting events that meet or do not meet the goals of the program.
- Determine optimum mix of product and equipment needed for each location and make recommendations to OBE for adjustments to inventory at events to ensure expected sampling numbers are met.
- Manage travel between markets - book hotels, rental cars, vehicle parking storage, and meals.
- Maintain and repair tour assets (tents, collateral, vehicles, equipment). Source equipment as needed.
- Ensure proper branding is maintained at all times.
- Attend all scheduled calls and meetings with OBE and brand.
- Submit high quality event reports and recaps, including event photos and quantitative data, in a timely fashion.
- Provide feedback on tour staff.
- Provide end of tour wrap up reports as requested.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in marketing, business, or related field)
- 5-10 years of on the road tour experience and event production, including
- mobile tour management
- Experience and/or interest in natural health and lifestyle preferred
- 2-3 years of inside/outside sales or marketing experience preferred
- Experience driving large vehicles for mobile tour
- Previous experience managing promotional staff and motivating teams for best results
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong computer (Excel, Word & PowerPoint), email, and photography skills – active knowledge and use of social media.
- Must be able to write quality event reports, including event photos and quantitative data
- Excellent communication skills with an outgoing, positive dynamic personality to engage consumers and team members.
- Strong organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Able to commit 100% of time for regional travel and work on the road for the entire tour
- Outgoing, resourceful and able to demonstrate leadership while maintaining a friendly demeanor at all times
- Holistically healthy – presently involved and/or familiar with the healthy family community is preferred
- Able to work varied business hours, including weekends
- Must pass an DMV check, Background & Drug Screens
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and medical certification required
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time, in market
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Minimum age requirement is 21.