SUMMARY OF POSITION
We need a one-of-a-kind creative director to join our amazing team at OBE HQ in Sausalito (SF Bay Area). As Creative Director (Concept), you bring big, transformative ideas to the table and lead cross-functional teams to realize grand visions. As a master curator and storyteller, you work to inspire game-changing ideas from our team of experts and articulate them into clear creative campaign concepts with experiential at their core.
You examine all aspects of client problems and briefs to create thoughtful, viable and unexpected creative solutions. You’re a true team player with an expertise in experiential strategy. You’re an excellent copywriter and art director, and you have the passion and creative chops to crank up brand impact for some of the world’s leading companies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Get your hands dirty by producing and guiding fantastic work that solves our clients’ business challenges in unique and innovative ways.
- Act as the catalyst that mixes and translates ideas, pushes concepts, and finds the best way to push our overall creative and design output.
- Lead Creative project teams, assigning tasks and monitoring progress to deliver inspired creative ideas and approaches.
- Guide strategic development of integrated experiential marketing campaigns throughout all phases of a project, overseeing planning, concept development, design and implementation.
- Lead and/or participate in brainstorming sessions and workshops designed toward specific outputs and solutions that address client’s strategy and tactical business needs.
- Interface with internal teams and clients for creative sell-in and review
- Understand and work within project parameters: client goals and requirements, internal goals, audience experience, technical constraints, as well as budget and schedule.
- Collaborate with Account and Production leads to ensure all client deliverables are being met on a timely basis with consistency and high quality.
- Develop and present winning new business pitches.
- Be a sponge for industry trends, sharing insights and inspiration with the agency at large.
- Coordinate with outside resources, including vendors, photographers, printers, fabricators, freelancers, and/or web and interactive contractors, to complete creative materials for each account, as needed.
- Contribute leadership in terms of best practices and standard processes to drive the agency’s capabilities forward.
- Provide mentorship and direction to strategists, writers and designers; understanding their strengths and weaknesses, providing regular feedback to help them move forward along their growth path.
- Encourage curiosity, strive to continually increase the creative skill level of the department.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Design or related field.
- Fluid capability with Mac suite of programs including Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote and Microsoft Office
- A solid portfolio of 8+ years that includes unique, successful and relevant experiential marketing projects (at least 3 years at an agency).
- Work samples that include strategy, copywriting and/or design personally owned and delivered as part of your role in the project/program.
- Demonstrated work or personal experience or interest in technology, lifestyle, sports and/or entertainment industries is a plus.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Effective communicator and storyteller with the ability to find the best approach to verbally and visually communicate an idea AND articulately present it to other team members, clients and agency partners.
- Excellent listener, able to get to the heart of what the client and/or team is telling you.
- Experience collaborating with teams of strategists, creatives, designers, producers, account managers and content developers.
- Adept at multi-tasking while coordinating multiple projects and resources.
- Strategic and visually compelling point-of-view demonstrated in all creative output.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Inspirational and motivating leadership, intuitive enough to know when to push yourself and your team to make ideas better
- Ambitious self-starter.
- Adaptability to whatever gets thrown at you from day to day.
- Ability to seamlessly integrate feedback from clients, internal team members and partners while staying alighted with project objectives.