Who Are We: Oasys International Corporation (Oasys) was recently named as one of Inc. 5000 magazine’s fastest growing companies for the third year in a row. We are rapidly growing and looking for talented individuals to add to our team. Oasys is home to a dedicated team of technologists, consultants, engineers, and subject matter experts that provide world-class technology consulting services to our clients. We commit to providing our people with the resources they need to continue learning and maintain a healthy work-life balance. We also cultivate a collaborative and social atmosphere and foster a merit-based culture in which people receive recognition for their performance.
The Lead Graphic Designer / Public Relations Specialist will provide specialized digital media services and graphic design services to in support of the priorities and strategic direction of DHS S&T. Use current graphic design technology and computer software packages to produce public relations material for visual communications media.
- Graphic Services – provide custom layouts, graphics/illustrations for all communication products: fact sheets, reports, brochures, newsletters, mass emails, posters, briefings/PowerPoint presentations, exhibit displays, and websites; develop event branding and all associated collateral.
- Photography Services – document internal and external events as required and maintain photo archives: All Hands meetings, award ceremonies, technology demonstrations, congressional testimonies, internal and external conferences and meetings, employee events, press events, etc.
- Video Production – video recording and design: capture B-roll of DHS S&T technology demonstrations; provide custom video design from concept/story boarding to completion with narration, music, special effects and motion graphics; video editing/post production for existing video footage used for internal and external events.
- Webcasting Services – provide technical staff for all DHS S&T webcasting events (meetings, technology demonstrations, conferences, special events); includes equipment set- up and operation, editing and posting.
- Printing – complete all paperwork and ensure all print jobs are properly branded and formatted; review all proofs; apply product quality control standards for compliance with guidelines, policies and directives; complete large format printing, mounting and lamination.
- Employee Events: Provide support as needed in planning, organizing, and staffing events for DHS S&T employees, including all-hands meetings and annual awards ceremony and provide support to other internal events as required.
- Document Management: Maintain libraries/repositories of DHS S&T project fact sheets, DHS S&T accomplishments, and S&T photo directory and update content at regular intervals.
- Outreach Team Support for Creative Services:
- Participate on federal employee-led DHS S&T OCC teams that provide communications and outreach services to designated DHS S&T offices.
- Attend meetings and provide support, ranging from preparing agendas and handouts to taking meeting notes and following up on action items, to providing recommendations and reports as necessary.
- Interact with program managers and support personnel to identify programs/projects that should be spotlighted; develop materials to highlight these programs.
- Media Relations Support: Support federal employee media outreach efforts: develop and maintaining press lists; track media hits; draft/edit fact sheets media advisories, and media plans.
- BA in Fine Arts or Graphic Design and 5 years of relevant experience; or 10 years of relevant experience
- Currently hold, or the ability to obtain, a DHS Suitability
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Washington DC
Oasys is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.