Oasis Labs engineers are developing the next-generation of secure and private cloud technologies that change how users share information and interact with one another. Oasis Labs was founded by a team of academic and entrepreneurial leaders from Google, Apple, UCBerkeley, and Tor and backed by a diverse range of investors including a16zcrypto, Accel and Binance. For more information, visit: https://www.oasislabs.com/
The internet and cloud computing have fundamentally changed our lives, demonstrating the potential of what data at scale can enable. Data has the potential to provide enormous societal value, foster advancements in many industries, and enable entirely new use-cases and applications. Despite these promises, today much of this valuable data remains restricted and siloed due to privacy concerns. Moreover, when data is shared, users have little to no control over how their data is used and too often it’s misused. We believe in empowering users and developers to protect and control their data in order to responsibly enable data-driven applications of the future. Our platform enables privacy preserving and computationally complex applications, giving developers the ability to build applications that protect user data by design.
How does a user know they’re secure and in control when using an application? Our Software Engineers are tackling the challenges of bridging the gap between our users and our novel security protocols to put users back in control of their data. Only by helping users understand the way their data is being handled, can we rebuild the trust being threatened by the daily stories of data breaches and misuse. Each team member at Oasis is empowered to make decisions and own large projects.. We value open channels of communication, cross functional collaboration and individual growth.
In this role you will be focused on delivering critical projects, while staying versatile to adapt to our evolving needs. You will build client facing products that don’t yet exist. We look for people who love to tinker, to build things from scratch, and who leave things better than they found them. If you recognize the challenge of building intuitive interfaces that embody security and that put users back in control of their data, then our team might be the right place for you.
- Craft UI that proves to our users why our product provides safety by bridging the gap to our cryptographic security protocols
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Designers to iterate on the design and implementation of our products
- Build efficient and reusable frontend systems and abstractions
- Work with Backend Engineers to build features and ship products
- Identify and communicate frontend best practices
- Participate in design and code reviews, anticipate and address issues
- Contribute to user experience decisions
- 2+ years building web applications in a production environment
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Familiarity with server-side web frameworks
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Ability to lead projects to timely milestones
- Ability to communicate and work with other teams in the company
- Competitive compensation packages
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Subsidies
Oasis Labs is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Oasis Labs does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.