Oasis Labs is building a privacy-first, high-performance cloud computing platform on blockchain. Oasis’s integrated hardware-software technologies aim to enable cloud-scale, real-world applications, including machine learning, for the first time on blockchain. Oasis Labs is led by a team of academic and entrepreneurial leaders and backed by a diverse range of investors including a16zcrypto, Accel and Binance. For more information, visit: https://www.oasislabs.com/
Our engineering team is responsible for building the platform and tools to empower the next generation of distributed application computing. As an Engineering Manager at Oasis Labs you will help cultivate and expand our high performing team. Engineers are doing extremely meaningful work developing novel technologies that have the chance to change the landscape of cloud computing. We aim to usher in an era of user controlled applications with privacy and security at the forefront. Engineering Managers will set direction, support individual career growth and ensure that the team has the freedom and ability to focus on their work. Additionally you will help foster cross functional collaboration, establish short and long term goals, and rarely at times write code to support development efforts.
- Provide technical and organizational leadership, individual mentorship, and lead by example.
- Manage project priorities, fast-paced deadlines, and concrete deliverables. The blockchain ecosystem moves notoriously fast.
- Create an environment of inclusion and transparency. Encourage collaboration, constructive feedback, and open mindedness.
- Drive strategic product design and code reviews, including from the Oasis Labs team and the broader open-source community. We <3 our engaged supporters.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience and 2+ years hands-on engineering management.
- Experience building platform products and growing engineering teams.
- Track record of leading projects to timely milestones and exceptional ability to time estimate.
- Empathetic communication skills and comfort working cross functionally with other teams in the company.
- Master’s or PhD degree in computer science or other technical related field.
- Familiarity with existing distributed application standards and the blockchain space.
Oasis Labs is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Oasis Labs does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.