Oasis Labs is building a privacy-first, high-performance cloud computing platform on blockchain. Oasis’s integrated hardware-software technologies aim to enable cloud-scale, real-world applications, including machine learning, for the first time on blockchain. Oasis Labs is led by a team of academic and entrepreneurial leaders and backed by a diverse range of investors including a16zcrypto, Accel and Binance. For more information, visit: https://www.oasislabs.com/
Our security team is responsible for the security of our distributed network. As a public blockchain, our network is designed to provide robust guarantees, even when a large fraction of the network is operated by volunteers around the Internet. This poses a unique challenge to maintaining network security in the face of potentially malicious actors operating on the network. We are looking for engineers with deep experience in systems/network security, secure protocol design, and applied cryptography. While not all of our engineers start with having experience in blockchain, they all appreciate the challenge of securing large-scale global distributed systems.
- Help design secure distributed systems for Byzantine Fault Tolerance. Applied cryptography and incentives/economic design skills a plus. You will participate in the design process at project inception; we do not treat security as an “add-on”.
- Design/build tools and infrastructure to proactively monitor and protect the Oasis platform. Blockchain systems must be highly-robust, while operating over a large network that we mostly don't control.
- Manage project priorities, fast-paced deadlines, and concrete deliverables. The blockchain ecosystem moves notoriously fast.
- Conduct security reviews on source code, protocol design, and the production network, including from the Oasis Labs team and the broader open-source community. We <3 our engaged supporters.
- Provide security expertise to the engineering team. Ensure we apply adversarial thinking when designing/building our systems. Our system must be robust to malicious actors in the network. You will help drive security improvements to the protocol and implementation as part of iterative design updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in security
- 2+ years in software development
- Experience with attacks and mitigation methods, potentially including
- Secure network protocol design
- Sandboxing techniques and operating system internals
- Web/mobile application security
- Security monitoring and assessments
- Applied cryptography
- Hardware security
- Ability to lead projects to timely milestones
- Ability to communicate and work with other teams in the company
- Master’s or PhD degree in computer science or other technical related field
- Familiarity with attacking and securing blockchain systems
Oasis Labs is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Oasis Labs does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.