About the role
Reporting to the Head of Public Relations & Social Media, Market Analyst (APAC region) will be responsible for producing daily research and content across asset classes in the financial markets. This position will be also responsible for raising brand awareness of OANDA through media coverage and quality content on MarketPulse.com.
The range of responsibilities:
- Producing daily written commentaries in a written long-form to describe both the present movements and future direction of financial markets.
- Publishing short-form articles on specific asset classes on OANDA's market commentary website, www.marketpulse.com and distributing these daily notes to key media contacts.
- Responding to ad-hoc written media enquiries, taking part in radio and television interviews.
- Increasing brand awareness through multimedia content for social media, as well as for the company’s blog, YouTube channel and Podcast (from time to time).
- Continuing to build and manage the media list, to be developed in conjunction with global PR.
- Writing a weekly risk report for senior management in conjunction with the analyst team once a week.
- Speaking on OANDA’s behalf at trade shows, expositions, conferences, quarterly webinars and similar events.
- Coordinating with the global marketing and PR team to create content surrounding specific macroeconomic events that are of interest to clients.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Min. 3 years of experience of working with the media, in the Marketing/PR area.
- Previous experience in the financial markets including e.g. experience with technical and fundamental analysis in products such as forex, metals, bonds, indices, commodities and crypto.
- Fluent English, knowledge of Japanese, Chinese or any other APAC region language will be a plus.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Responsibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.