Role - Senior Software Engineer- C++ (Trading Systems)
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer with experience writing C++ applications. You’ll be joining an engineering team that owns the backend of the trading platform used by our customers to do analysis of global currency markets and trade forex and CFDs. Your contributions will impact thousands of customers who trade billions of dollars in volume every day. The Backend team is working with languages such as C++ and Python to build solutions that enable our customers to trade more effectively while improving profitability for the company.
- Working within a Linux environment, you will research, design, test, implement, deploy, and maintain online and backend trading and data services infrastructure applications.
- Work closely with OANDA’s business and technical leadership to understand business requirements, and collaborate with development team members to design and write applications systems and programs.
- Shepherding releases through from creation to release, including maintenance and improvement of our CI/CD pipelines.
Qualities for Success
- A University degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field. A graduate degree would be an asset.
- A strong team orientation combined with the drive and ability to contribute at the individual level.
- Promote your own continuous learning by feeding new ideas back into the team.
- Be flexible with changing priorities.
Technical Skill Set
- Solid application development experience using C++
- Experience developing application using Python
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Solid knowledge of software engineering best practices and design patterns
- Ability to write well-documented, clean code
Nice to Haves
- Experience with:
- Linux operating systems
- CI/CD and deployment automation would be an asset
- Microservices and REST architecture
- Java, Scala, Kafka, MongoDB, Prometheus, Grafana, or GCP will be a plus
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.