We are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients. Our mission is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative solutions. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge. In 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated individuals who are passionate about what they do and are eager to both learn and inspire others.
WHO YOU ARE:
You’re looking for an opportunity to work with great people in an energetic and open company culture. You take ownership of your code and responsibility for what you deliver. You want to participate in the success of your team by solving problems and taking on new challenges.
- Adding new features and fixing bugs in our Java desktop application
- Managing the release pipeline and testing builds
- Working with our product manager to gather requirements
- Iterating on designs with our UX team
- Working with our internal operations team to handle support issues
- Is an agile team based in Toronto, working fully remotely for now
- Owns the Java and Web desktop trading applications used by our customers to trade billions of dollars every day
- Owns and is building our next generation trading application (in React Native)
- Be part of a healthy team culture of people who get to work on great products and improve your skills by reviewing each other’s code
- Contribute innovative ideas to improve the daily trading experience of thousands of customers
- Lead the way on continuous integration and automated testing
- Improve yourself and your team through education and continuous learning
- Have the opportunity to contribute to OANDA’s next generation trading application by learning React Native.
- Have the opportunity to learn GCP
YOU WILL EXCEL BECAUSE OF YOUR:
- Commitment to getting things done.
- Thirst for knowledge, hunger to learn, and willingness to take on new challenges
- Passion to deliver results and the best customer experience
- Positive attitude, desire to collaborate, and the ability to communicate effectively with others
- Flexibility in responding to shifting priorities
- Leadership ability, regardless of your level of experience, to identify areas of need and take action
- Solid computer science fundamentals
WE VALUE OUR PEOPLE:
- Advance your career through company-sponsored education and training
- Attend company hosted events with speakers in our industry
- Participate in quarterly hack-a-thons where you’re given two weekdays to hack
- Benefits, RRSP matching, and generous rewards for top performers
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.