We have come a long way since our first currency feed 23 years ago, we are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from a tech start-up to a global corporation. Founded in 1996, we became the first company to share exchange rate information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer the development of online-based trading around the world, enabling forex and CFD investors the ability to trade the financial markets. Our vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and award-winning solutions. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage, we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic environment.
We are a small international team of two located in Toronto and Krakow, and we are looking for a Tax Analyst to join our Malta office. This individual will be reporting to the Director of Taxation, and will primarily assist in the research, analysis, and reporting of global tax matters. You will have an opportunity to work with multiple tax locations, such as Poland, Canada, Malta, Spain, UK, and others.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare quarterly income tax provisions for global entities
- Support annual audit requirements including preparation of income tax note for financial statements and responding to auditor queries
- Monitor and ensure adherence with internal control policies
- Assist with preparation of corporate income tax and VAT returns globally
- Assist with the defense of tax examinations from tax authorities around the world
- Assist with transfer pricing analysis and documentation
- Aid in developing and documenting tax processes and controls including research and implementation of new tax guidance
- Assist with other projects within the tax department as required.
- Work effectively with the members of Finance, Legal and other groups to complete objectives.
What We Seek:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in a corporate tax role; public accounting background a plus
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS, in particular IAS 12
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Proactive in identifying and resolving issues
- Strong Excel skills
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.