Title: Senior Associate- Anti Money Laundering
Reports To- Global AML Team Manager
The AML Team is responsible for the onboarding AML associated decisions across Singapore, Australia and BVI Divisions, thereby ensuring that the onboarding of new clients is in adherence with relevant local regulations and legal requirements, in support of continued OANDA growth.
• Onboarding AML associated decisions and risk assessment, exercising both discretion and judgement, and after using initiative to conduct appropriate investigations:
1. Reviewing and assessing individual new account applications
2. Reviewing and assessing corporate new account applications
3. Reviewing and assessing new IBs
• SME (subject matter expert) and point of referral/ escalation for:-
1. PIU updates
2. Deceased clients
3. Closing accounts
4. Joint accounts
5. Power of Attorney
6. Application anomalies
• Adherence to local regulations (eg: MAS, ASIC and FSC) and relevant AML laws, via adherence to procedures.
• Maintain an appropriate audit trail and documentation in all instances, to evidence/support the review and assessment of each onboarded applicant/ query.
• Local point of escalation for all referrals/ suspicions, and when necessary following investigations and use of initiative to the Team Manager for further review and investigation.
• Operate effectively and efficiently in order to ensure that personal variable volume lead quantitative targets are met, as well as qualitative expectations, both personally and of the overall team.
• Identify areas for development, in terms of: operational process, systems and individual training needs.
• Other duties as required.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to work independently and multi-task with minimal supervision.
• Excellent decision making, time management and organisational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and solution focussed.
• Minimum 2 years experience of processing new account applications and team leadership.
• AML focused, with firm grasp of the purpose of the underlying regulatory and legal requirements.
• Enquiring mind.
• AML risk recognition, problem solving with maximum attention to detail.
• Perform well under pressure.
• Client focused/ centric approach.
Internal: KYC processing team, Anti-Financial Crime team, Sales team, CCM team and CX team, Compliance team
- Based in Singapore
- Standard working hours