OANDA is looking for a passionate Site Reliability Engineer to apply software development principles and practices to solve difficult operations problems.
As an SRE, you will be embedded in one of our development teams, acting as the champion for reliability best-practices including observability, automation, high-availability, fault tolerance, and full-lifecycle ownership. The perfect candidate for this role has a strong data-driven approach improving the performance of our products in on-premise and cloud environments.
Experience & Skills:
- Strong experience working in cloud-native and on-premise environments, in bare metal, virtualized (VM), and containerized / orchestrated deployments (AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Anthos, Cloudflare)
- Experience working with any infrastructure-as-code and configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, Helm, etc.);
- Experience with incident response and security-focused mindset;
- Tap into your passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes (toil) using automation. Draft playbooks, and conduct tabletop and chaos engineering exercises to avoid operational underload and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Solve difficult performance and reliability problems. Perform code review for your development peers to ensure reliability, observability, and security are key pillars of our work.
- Collaborate with product managers and business stakeholders to set and maintain Service level Objectives (SLOs) and metrics that are representative of our customer experience.
- Participate in a cross-functional on-call rotation to support the team's code into production. PArticipate in on-call rotation, lead the blameless post-mortem process, and feed remediation tasks back into the development pipeline.
- Articulate the SRE ethos to your peers and stakeholders and help educate your colleagues the application of SRE principles to achieve a healthy balance of new feature development and reliability initiatives.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience as a software developer, or in an SRE-related field; a solid development background and
understanding of software development practices is necessary to be successful in this role.
- The best candidates will have experience working in cloud-native and on-premise environments, in bare metal, virtualized (VM), and containerized / orchestrated deployments.
- Operating system: Windows/Mac
- Computer: Notebook
- Monitors: two in the office
- Start: ASAP
- Contract duration: UoP, permanent
- Flexible hours: yes
- Travel involved: no
- PPE (Employee Pension Scheme)
- Life insurance
- Medical care
- Social Plan- Multicafeteria
- OANDA Cares (2 Charity days)
- We are in the new office space which was designed and rebuilt to offer you a secure environment in pandemic time
- Hybrid way of working (remote work + open office)
What is our application process? Design to the current mobile first environment- video calls and the possibility of using LinkedIn profile instead of resume Let us know you!
OANDA’s vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative and
award-winning solutions. Founded in 1996, OANDA became the first company to share exchange rate
information on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneer
the development of online-based trading around the world, allowing forex and CFD investors to trade the
financial markets. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage,
we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamic
environment. We have come a long way since our first currency feed 24 years ago. We are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from tech start-ups to global corporations.
OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.