OANDA Global Corporation is a diverse and global team with offices around the world. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to OANDA. We are committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
OANDA is looking for a passionate SRE Manager to lead a team of talented engineers to apply software development principles and practices to solve difficult operations problems. As an SRE Manager, you will be leading the relationship with our development teams, acting as the champion for reliability best-practices including observability, automation, high-availability, fault tolerance, and full-lifecycle ownership. The perfect candidate for this role has a strong data-driven approach improving the performance of our products in on-premise and cloud environments.
Things you will contribute to at OANDA
- Champion a culture of shared service ownership across Production Engineering and Software Development teams into your passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using automation, and lead the adoption of automation, infrastructure as code, and configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, Helm, etc)
- Lead modernization initiatives to push products towards best-in-class deployment and delivery methodologies, leveraging Kubernetes, Anthos, Cloudflare, and CNCF tools to drive cloud adoption and standardization across our on-premise and cloud (AWS, GCP) environments
- Deploy a team of production engineers to development teams to champion SRE and DevOps best practices and to ensure our products are designed for reliability and high availability
- Collaborate with product managers and business stakeholders to set and maintain Service level Objectives (SLOs) and metrics that are representative of our customer experience
- Develop, manage and support a highly-skilled technical team in our offices around the globe (we can run follow-the-sun rotations!). Set priorities, mentor, direct professional growth, and lead implementation of new technologies and methodologies
- Attend and contribute to continuing education, conferences, and seminars to stay current with industry and community trends
- Enable the organization to make data-driven decisions by pushing monitoring, instrumentation, and observability as core tenets of our development practice.
- Set a great example and encourage others to espouse the culture and values of the company to other internal teams and the general public
Experience & Skills:
- Experience as a dedicated technical people leader
- Experience as an individual contributor in a related role: engineering, development, operations, site reliability engineering, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to manage large cross-functional projects, including establishment of goals (both financial and non-financial), scope, and strategy; ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement strategic initiatives
- The best candidates will have both cloud-native experience, and strong on-premise, bare metal Linux / Systems expertise
Covid support section
- We moved to the new office space which was designed and rebuilt to offer you a secure environment in pandemic time
- Hybrid way of working (remote work + open office)
What is our application process? Design to current mobile first environment- video calls and possibility of using LinkedIn profile instead of resume Let us know you!