About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers' homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
Seek someone to help protect the value we provide to farmers by strengthening systems to prevention incidents of fraud and harassment. Resolving farmer complaints and promote good working relationships with team members across the board. You will be in charge of several districts and will report to Deputy Case Investigations Coordinator.
- Familiarize with all cases of farmer complaints through phone calls to One Acre Fund, through working with the Customer Service Call team and prioritize weekly cases to follow up and prepare a travel schedule
- Investigate and acquire relevant documentation including budgets and records for farmer refund payments, input delivery documents to detect any anomalies and errors and launch investigations based on the following:
- Funeral Insurance and health insurance cases, work with the products support and execution team to follow up case investigations related complaints
- Customer care issues and staff harassment to farmers
- Cases on Incentive Fraud, Input fraud and stolen inputs by field staff, ghost farmer issues and HR related issues
- Forward all investigation reports to the relevant parties to ensure resolution and case closure
- Provide recommendations for documentation and process improvement on an ongoing basis
Field Visit Activities
- Schedule visits to investigate cases with Field Directors, Field Leaders and Group Leaders
- Meet with impacted and affected parties and obtain written statements and evidence such as default acknowledgement forms and reports from relevant parties for recovery of cash lost by One Acre Fund staff
- Arrange any follow up appointments to help with the investigation
Departmental Liaison Activities
- Work with the regional teams on any requirements for the cases and advise on appropriate resolution and recommendations.
- Work with HR on all pending disciplinary actions from cases investigated.
- Work with the Investigation Management to examine processes to prevent future occurrences
- Any other responsibility assigned by supervisor
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You'll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You'll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Conflict resolution experience handling customers/clients
- Bachelor's degree and 1 year working experience
- Bilingual: speaks both Luo and Ekegusii
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya
Women are encouraged to apply. We are committed to gender equity in our staff operations, representation, and experience. In 2020, women made up 40% of our clients and 44% of our total staff. We have and will continue to intentionally grow these numbers.
19 December 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization's mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.