At O(1) Labs our mission is to catalyze a new generation of applications powered by zero knowledge cryptography. As our Head of Developer Relations, you will be responsible for the growing and fostering of a strong developer community and the evangelization of our products and platforms. You will create and execute a comprehensive developer relations strategy in partnership with Marketing, Product, Business Development, Product Engineering, and your own team of devrel professionals. Ultimately your goal is to foster a vibrant and engaged developer community that builds a new generation of applications using our products and platforms. We are looking to hire a Head of Developer Relations remotely based in the; Americas, EMEA time zones and can overlap 3 hours daily with Pacific Standard Time.
- Collaborate with Product, Marketing, Business Development, Engineering, Mina Foundation and other stakeholders to develop and execute dev rel strategy
- Develop and implement an overall strategy to engage with, educate, expand and manage developer communities, fostering a sense of excitement and engagement
- Act as an advocate for developers within the company, ensuring their feedback and needs are heard and integrated into product development and improvement processes, being a champion for their interest and voice in internal discussions and decision-making
- Plan and execute developer-focused events, hackathons, webinars, and conferences to grow and bring the developer community together and showcase our products.
- Establish relationships with and grow groups of technical influencers
- Determine and report metrics for success
- Manage the developer relations team members and their work to meet team objectives and business goals
- Mentor and develop team to grow professionally and create environments where they feel empowered to contribute their best
- Lead and establish team structure, culture and processes that provide high, collaboration, visibility and accountability
- Work cross organization with Mina Foundation to create and execute a collaborative and synchronized developer relations strategy
- Help oversee developer content including but not limited to technical blog posts, social media posts and video content
- Be a technical influencer in the crypto space
- Proven experience in developer relations, developer advocacy, community management or a closely related role.
- Strong technical background with the ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in organizing and executing developer events and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to build and nurture developer communities.
- Track record of successful cross-functional collaboration.
- Passion for web3, blockchain, defi and/or zk.
- A deep understanding of developer needs and challenges.
- Driven, action-oriented mindset.
- Ability to travel as needed for events and conferences.
- Passion for and experience with public speaking.
O(1) Labs is the team that incubated, launched and contributes to Mina Protocol, a Layer 1 blockchain that compresses the blockchain from hundreds of gigabytes down to the size of a few tweets and can scale to millions of users while remaining decentralized enough for cell phones to be fully verifying nodes. Using the power of Mina and zk technology we are at the forefront of building a privacy centered Web 3.0.
With this work we are driving the potential to reimagine social structures. We believe in and are dedicated to incorporating diverse perspectives from conception through realization.
We are based in San Francisco, CA but our team is spread out around the world and offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
If you'd be interested in talking further, please get in touch by sending an email with your resume and the subject "Head of Developer Relations" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.