O(1) Labs is a blockchain technology company that has successfully incubated the Mina Protocol. The company is now looking to start the next stage of its journey as the world’s premier zero-knowledge application platform.
We are looking for a Financial Controller as our first Finance hire to help us professionalize our financial operations. You will be reporting to the Head of Business Operations, and will be responsible for the efficient execution of all things related to finance, accounting, and taxation.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a traditional finance or accounting background to transition into the fast-moving crypto industry. This role is a mix of ‘traditional’ finance and accounting (e.g. budgeting, payroll, accounts payable, tax, etc.) with some ‘crypto-native’ responsibilities (e.g. tracking our token treasury, executing token transactions, monitoring on-chain activity, etc).
The ideal candidate will draw on their experience to help us formalize and improve our financial ops processes. They are excited to take ownership by identifying and defining these improvement opportunities, and are willing to ‘get their hands dirty’ by operationalizing and executing these processes in a lean startup environment.
- Maintaining budgets and forecasts (for both our token and fiat treasuries)
- Managing external bookkeepers and auditors, facilitating the preparation of financial statements
- Working with our external tax advisors and filers to assist in the preparation of tax documents
- Overseeing all tax filings: Corporate tax returns, franchise, state, and city taxes, 1099-MISC, etc.
- Running payroll (domestic and international) including both token and fiat payments
- Overseeing accounts payable and receivable
- Tracking and reconciling our token treasury, including the monitoring of on-chain transactions
- Executing token transactions to pay vendors, ecosystem partners, employees, and others
- Responding to financial data requests from our investors and other partners
- Partnering with Legal to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements
- Proactively identifying areas to build and improve financial ops processes
- Collaborating with HR, Legal, BizOps, and the CEO on ad hoc finance or tax related projects
- 3-5 years experience in an accounting or finance role
- Comfortable in a fast-moving, ambiguous environment and able to take an ‘80/20’ approach
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Comfortable executing crypto transactions through third-party custody websites (e.g. Coinbase, Anchorage, Finoa, etc.)
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Based in a timezone between UTC-08:00 and UTC-05:00
- Accounting degree, or a degree in a similar field
- 1-2 years of experience in a startup environment (a crypto startup is a big plus)
- Highly competent at Google Sheets (writing custom code, etc.)
- Experience with blockchain, cryptocurrency, or web3 - or is genuinely excited to learn about the technology
- Competitive compensation (including equity and MINA token grants)
- Fully remote team, with option to work from our office in San Francisco if desired
- Home office allowance
- Wellness allowance (reimbursement for gym membership, massages, etc.)
- Market-leading healthcare
- Annual in-person company offsite (often coinciding with a blockchain conference at an international location)
- Unlimited PTO
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team (we already have high representation of people of color, LGBTQ individuals and women)
- Being part of an employee-governed organization
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.