We are looking for a talented and motivated cryptography engineer with experience in Zero-Knowledge Proofs technology to join our team at O(1) Labs. We are building on the first cryptocurrency protocol with a succinct blockchain, Mina Protocol. This is a chance to join a small, collaborative team and have a ton of independence while working on fascinating problems that span software engineering, systems design, cryptography, and computing. We also offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
You will be helping us to shape the future of our core zero knowledge protocols, improving the existing proving schemes we have, and suggesting innovative approaches to tackle performance bottlenecks.
The role includes:
- Implementing, optimizing, and reviewing code for Kimchi (our zero-knowledge proof system), Pickles (our recursion protocol), and cryptographic circuits.
- Writing technical specs for design and use of the crypto protocols.
- Writing high quality, performing, and well documented OCaml and Rust code.
- Clear communication and articulation of abstract ideas.
- Collaboration with the team of crypto engineers in a remote environment on a daily basis.
- Proposing new meaningful approaches based on novel cryptography research available in academia.
- Training new team members in zero-knowledge technology.
- Speaking in some ZK conferences around the world.
- Attending team offsites around the globe.
There is no need to have prior experience in blockchain or cryptocurrency, however experience in zkp-systems and OCaml, Haskell, or a similar functional programming language are required.
It is a bonus if you have experience with Plonk or recursive zk-proofs. However, experience in zero knowledge proof-systems and functional programming are the only hard requirements; we're more interested in learning about your individual background!
O(1) Labs is the team that incubated, launched and contributes to Mina Protocol, a Layer 1 blockchain that compresses the blockchain from hundreds of gigabytes down to the size of a few tweets and can scale to millions of users while remaining decentralized enough for cell phones to be fully verifying nodes. Using the power of Mina and zk technology we are at the forefront of building a privacy centered Web 3.0.
With this work we are driving the potential to reimagine social structures. We believe in and are dedicated to incorporating diverse perspectives from conception through realization.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $218k to $260k + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position for remote roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by role, level, and additional factors, including job-related skills and experience. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
If you'd be interested in talking further, please get in touch by sending an email with your resume and the subject "ZK Cryptography Engineer" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.