Blockchain Community Manager
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. If you’d be interested in applying, please attach your C.V. and cover letter.
O(1) Labs is seeking a results-driven Blockchain Community Manager to work alongside our Head of Community to grow and nurture one of the most exciting new communities in blockchain, Mina.
This person has experience in community building, program planning and execution, communication, has a genuine interest in blockchain technology, and is a proactive self-starter. At the same time, they can remain flexible and work in a high collaborative, team environment.. This is a full-time, fully-remote role.
- Build a proactive community management strategy and apply best practices of online community management across channels, including reinforcing our community guidelines for users, managing individual user situations, tracking and reporting on metrics, monitoring competition, etc.
- Take ownership with setting up community initiatives such as working groups, grants, meetups, and other initiatives.
- Utilize our brand guidelines to shape written communications, translating the brand and message from high-level vision to detailed, professional-quality materials.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to communicate software releases, and other technical updates and launches to the community.
- Manage global team of contractors by communicating with them, tracking their contract terms and timelines, managing contract renewal or termination process, etc.
- Able to vet and onboard scalable software solutions to support communication channels, such as Discord, Telegram, etc. (i.e. bots, scripts and other plug ins)
How you would contribute to our overall success of the team:
- Make the community team more efficient, and effective.
- Support Mina’s core users to deliver on Mina’s promise of a participant-focused network.
- Contribute to growth, retention, and evangelism across our global, technical user-base.
- 2-5 years of experience in community management or communications
- Is a detail-oriented self-starter who can project manage effectively
- Has a genuine interest in cryptocurrencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to collaborate while also working independently
- Advanced knowledge of Google Spreadsheets
- Enjoys learning new platforms, demonstrates flexibility and prioritization skills in the daily work, and takes on whatever the day requires
- Prior experience working in a remote culture, and in a fast-paced, high-intensity start-up environment.
*Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
There are no hard requirements and we’re more interested in learning about your individual background.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.