We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Head of Security who will establish and lead Mina’ssecurity initiatives. As a head of security you will be responsible for keeping our infrastructure, employees and applications secure.
The Head of Security will:
● Set and execute the technology security strategy
● Help protect the O(1) Labs infrastructure, employees and data
● Implement best practices to help protect us from commonly known attacks in crypto and finance
● Develop and implement Production Infrastructure and IP (internal code) security
● Perform infrastructure and vendor security audits, run penetration testing, and own disaster recovery and business continuity plans
● Train employees on security
● Create and run the incident response plan
● Be a security evangelist
● Ensure high Device security via Identity and access management, SSO, Role definition and least privilege access to key assets
● Protect the protocol, foundation, and company brand by protecting the Social accounts, marketing tools and configurations
● Implement the right security procedures for Secrets and key management and Monitoring and alerting
● Secure our cloud services with the right strategy for K8’s deployment and access provisioning, continuous monitoring and response, github security best practices, and securing a future deployment of our public facing WordPress site
Ideal candidates will have:
● 5+ years of experience in application and information security
● Deep knowledge of the latest forms of security vulnerabilities, threats and exploits
● Experience managing large initiatives and ability to wear multiple hats
● Experience working with security vendors
● Experience training engineers and other staff members on security topics
● Ability to work autonomously in a fast paced, cross-functional environment, and comfort with ambiguity
● Experience in cryptocurrency and blockchain is a big plus
● Experience in open source projects and code deployment is also a big plus
There are no hard requirements and we’re more interested in learning about your individual background.
O(1) Labs is aiming to develop the first cryptocurrency protocol that can deliver on the promise of supporting real-world applications and widespread use. Our team is based in San Francisco, and we are funded by top investors (including Polychain, Metastable, Max Levchin, and Naval Ravikant).
We're bringing Mina Protocol to market, a cryptocurrency that compresses the blockchain from hundreds of gigabytes down to the size of a few tweets (20KB). It can scale to thousands of transactions per second and millions of users while remaining decentralized enough for
cellphones to be fully verifying nodes. We're working on technologies with the potential to reimagine social structures. We believe it's
important to incorporate diverse perspectives from conception through realization.
This is a chance to join a small, collaborative team and have a ton of independence while working on fascinating cross-disciplinary problems that span cryptography, engineering, product design, economics, and sociology.
We also offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.