We’re seeking a Senior Technical Product Manager who can navigate the interdisciplinary tradeoffs that come with using cryptography and ZK Snarks, a novel technology in the world of blockchains, to build decentralized computing systems that put people back in control of their digital lives.
O(1) Labs recently launched Mina Protocol, the world’s lightest blockchain (22KB - size of a couple tweets) powered by the Recursive Snarks technology. Mina’s small size blockchain solves three of the most difficult challenges in the blockchain space - privacy, scalability, and decentralization. After the launch of Mina on mainnet in March 2021, O(1) Labs is on a mission to enable the developer community to build privacy preserving applications on Mina. We call these new types of applications Snapps - A ZK Snarks powered decentralized application. The Senior Technical Product Manager will be joining the team that’s bringing this vision to reality.
The Sr. Technical Product Manager will:
- Develop product roadmap & strategy for various parts of the protocol & product
- Evaluate and prioritize specific opportunities and areas of improvement (e.g. TPS, node operator experience, block time, etc) for the Mina protocol
- Develop product requirements
- Collaborate with engineering, cryptography & other teams in the O(1)Labs to design, develop, build, QA, and release new products & developer tools for the Mina protocol
- Collaborate with the ecosystem participants (e.g. node operators and developers) to address their needs, communicate product roadmap, and incorporate their feedback into product roadmap
Ideal candidates will have:
- 5+ years of previous experience in product management of one or more successful products or services
- Some understanding of blockchain or distributed systems
- Strong technical background (ideally a software engineering or CS background)
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with technical concepts such as API’s, GraphQL, blockchains or distributed systems, etc
O(1) Labs has developed the first cryptocurrency protocol that can deliver on the promise of supporting real-world applications and widespread use. Our remote team is spread across the world, and we are funded by top investors (including Polychain, Metastable, Max Levchin, and Naval Ravikant).
We have recently brought Mina Protocol to market, a cryptocurrency that compresses the blockchain from hundreds of gigabytes down to the size of a few tweets (20KB). Mina can scale to thousands of transactions per second and millions of users while remaining decentralized enough for cell phones to be fully verifying nodes.
We're working on technologies with the potential to reimagine social structures. We believe it's important to incorporate diverse perspectives from conception through realization. This is a chance to join a small, collaborative team and have a ton of independence while working on fascinating cross-disciplinary problems that span cryptography, engineering, product design, economics, and sociology. We also offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive company. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, women, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.