Nyriad is looking for a Staff Systems Administrator to join our team!
Nyriad is building a new storage architecture from the ground up that empowers businesses to grow, adapt, and stay competitive in a data-driven world.
Nyriad was born from a vision to solve the most challenging problems storage systems face today by designing an entirely new way to control and manage storage devices at scale. The architecture combines the power of GPUs and CPUs to deliver an unprecedented combination of performance, resilience, and efficiency, enabling massive amounts of data and multiple data types to be managed in a single storage system that is simple to deploy, operate, scale, and maintain.
We were created and grown here in the Waikato and are now headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with very exciting times ahead. Our people are the heart of our company. We encourage their individuality and growth by creating a culture rich with a passion for ingenuity, strengthened by diversity of thought and experiences, and a shared desire to see our company and everyone in it succeed.
In this role you will provide technical leadership and mentoring to the IT team to develop, maintain and administer Nyriad’s computer systems, including data centre and end user. By participating and contributing to architectural discussions with our Engineering QA and development teams, you will provide architectural leadership, designing and documenting infrastructure solutions to support development and engineering requests.
- Plan Infrastructure solutions to enable the engineering objectives.
- Install, upgrade and maintain hardware and software to support Nyriad’s product development.
- Manage and Monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Set up and maintain access rights for staff.
- Provide support to engineering team.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and Infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with Engineers and developers to remediate.
- Maintain back ups and redundancy standards.
- Provide end user support to Nyriad Internal staff.
- Evaluate suitable (Fit for Purpose) Hardware.
- Monitor and manage Datacenter environmental conditions at Gillies DC.
- Create or update documentation of all systems.
- Test new systems, commission and install new applications.
- Provide a level of support and mentoring to the IT staff.
- Show commitment to company values.
- Ensure own health and safety and that of others by following all rules and procedures, reporting and managing all hazards in the work area and actively contributing to, and participating in, company health and safety initiatives.
What you'll need to be successful
Minimum 5 years experience as a system administrator supporting Wintel and Linux in data centre environments.
Proven experience with Linux and Windows.
Detailed knowledge of storage systems.
Effective written and oral communication skills.
Good understanding of multi-threaded environments and network principles.
The ability to display good problem-solving skills in a variety of situations – even under pressure.
Demonstrate past ability to make sound planning decisions when faced with project conflicts.
Must be able to work under project deadlines and associated cost and schedule constraints.
Degree or relevant experience in computer science or related subject.
Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux based systems.
Experience with virtualisation technologies.
Experience with system monitoring platforms and tools.
Experience with automation systems.
Good scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, perl, ruby, python).
Good networking knowledge.
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, apply now! We'd love to hear from you.
This position is based in the Hamilton, New Zealand. We have a flexible workplace where varying degrees of remote work is the norm.
At Nyriad we believe in equal opportunities for all. We celebrate and encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.