At Nylas, our mission is to empower the world to communicate with context and insight. Our hosted sync platform and APIs enable developers to quickly integrate their apps with email, contacts, and calendar across all providers (including Exchange).
We are changing the way companies and developers innovate with email and messaging. Customers like Pipedrive, Salesloft, and Lever use our cloud messaging APIs to power their products and accelerate their ability to innovate.
Nylas has raised over $30M from Spark Capital, 8VC, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, SV Angel and more. Our HQ is in San Francisco with offices in New York, Denver, Toronto, and several of us work remotely. Members have previously worked at Dropbox, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and VMware.
Want to know more? Check out our !
About the team
Nylas is growing in Toronto! The Developer Experience team is responsible for enabling effortless use of our platform by creating user-facing components and features with great UX. We want to create tools and features that make it easier for developers to use our platform in building their applications, and increase our product offerings into new territory.
About the role
- Fast, iterative feature prototyping
- Developing web components and a web-component-based feature ecosystem
- Working collaboratively with a team of developers, designers, and product owners to develop and evolve features
- Writing tests to ensure reliability of our features
- Connecting features to RESTful APIs and managing data flow
- Designing new feature architectures
- Teaching and mentoring other developers on best-practices
- Creating and upholding documentation about architectural decisions and component ecosystem
- 5+ years of front-end feature development, including 2+ years as a senior developer or equivalent
- Experience working on an agile team
- Strong foundations in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience integrating user-facing tools with modern APIs
- Experience iterating with git / modern version control
- Ability to write modern CSS and style applications in collaboration with our design team
- Experience with modern layout techniques like Grid or Flexbox
- Knowledge of pre-processors like SCSS, LESS, or PostCSS
- Experience with common databases (SQL and NoSQL alike) and creating applications that interface with them
- Experience working with DevOps teams to facilitate modern deployment strategies
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
It’s a bonus if you have experience with…
- GraphQL / modern dynamic API conventions
- Web Components
- NoSQL databases, like DynamoDB or MongoDB
- Serverless application architecture, using tools like AWS Lambda or Azure Functions
- Cloud computing platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure, or Heroku
- Deployment strategies using CI/CD tools like Jenkins or CircleCI
- Modern behaviour-driven testing frameworks like Cypress
- Functional toolchains (like Lodash or Ramda)
- Front-end authentication models and methods (like JWT)
- Building features that leverage data science and natural language processing models
- the NodeJS ecosystem
- Python or other backend languages
- Tech setup - we’ll make sure you have everything you need to work at your best, including laptop, laptop stand, and noise canceling headphones
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life benefits for you and your family
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- $100 a month health and wellness benefit
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation including a highly recommended 2-week consecutive vacation once per year
- 12 weeks caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours
Nylas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
Our team is roughly equal by identified gender (including engineering) and focuses on creating an inclusive environment for all people. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ startup founders, college graduates from all over the country and the world, coding academy graduates and those with no degrees at all.
We are actively and regularly working with the entire team to shape our culture in a conscious way to our ideal of empowerment, transparency, and kindness.