At Nylas, our mission is to empower the world to communicate with context and insight. Our hosted sync platform and APIs enable developers to quickly integrate their apps with email, contacts, and calendar across all providers (including Exchange).
We are changing the way companies and developers innovate with email and messaging. Customers like Pipedrive, Salesloft, and Lever use our cloud messaging APIs to power their products and accelerate their ability to innovate.
Nylas has raised over $30M from Spark Capital, 8VC, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, SV Angel and more. Our HQ is in San Francisco with offices in New York, Denver, Toronto, and several of us work remotely. Members have previously worked at Dropbox, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and VMware.
About the team
The Intelligence team at Nylas is responsible for forward development of various services that built on top of emails, calendars and contacts utilizing natural language processing, machine learning, and integrations with external API’s to categorize and contextualize information for developers to build an intelligence layer on top of Nylas’ world class communications layer.
About the role
This role will be responsible for designing, developing and deploying various solutions such as rule-based, natural language processing, to deep learning models to categorizer and contextualize emails, calendars, and contacts. You’ll be applying ML algorithms to solve real world problems.
- You’ll be working with on high impact datasets mission critical to the rest of the world from healthcare, operations, and infrastructure
- You’ll be working with frontend and backend engineers building an intelligence layer on top of email, calendars and contacts
- You’ll be able to use your models and solutions in real-time and see it in action on the front-end
- You’ll be independent enough to build and evaluate robust models
- You’ll be using the latest and greatest tools to build things the way you want with little to no legacy code to stand in your way
- You’ll be building out machine learning infrastructure for billions of datasets with trillions of connections
Who you are
- Strong foundations in Statistics, Data Modeling, and Machine Learning
- Strong foundations in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- At least 2+ years of experience on developing and deploying to production systems
- You’ve trained models and shipped them to production
- Experience with python, scala, golang or java
- Experience working with natural language processing packages
- Experience working with industry standard machine learning packages and tools
- Track record and references from great people
- Ability and confidence to pick up any technical concept to get the job done
- Comfortable in the dark and exploring ideas never done before
- Strong belief that product and design decisions are inextricably linked
- Busy creating magic from your code
- A power user of the tools of your trade or building your own tools
- Never stop learning
- Communicate design decisions openly and confidently, regardless of the audience—engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, etc.
- Not afraid to change your opinion in the face of new information or understanding of the product goals—you have strong beliefs, but you’re open-minded
- Tech setup - we'll make sure you have everything you need to work at your best, including laptop, laptop stand, and noise-canceling headphones
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life benefits for you and your family
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- Catered lunch & Unlimited snacks
- $100 a month health and wellness benefit
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation (mandatory 2 week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours
Nylas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
Our team is roughly equal by identified gender (including engineering) and focuses on creating an inclusive environment for all people. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ startup founders, college graduates from all over the country and the world, coding academy graduates and those with no degrees at all.
We are actively and regularly working with the entire team to shape our culture in a conscious way to our ideal of empowerment, transparency, and kindness.