At Nylas, our mission is to empower the world to communicate with context and insight. Our hosted sync platform and APIs enable developers to quickly integrate their apps with email, contacts, and calendar across all providers (including Exchange).
We are changing the way companies and developers innovate with email and messaging. Customers like Pipedrive, Salesloft, and Lever use our cloud messaging APIs to power their products and accelerate their ability to innovate.
Nylas has raised over $30M from Spark Capital, 8VC, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, SV Angel and more. Our HQ is in San Francisco with offices in New York, Denver, and several of us work remotely. Members have previously worked at Dropbox, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and VMware.
About the team
The Data team at Nylas is responsible for forward development of various services that built on top of emails, calendars and contacts utilizing natural language processing, machine learning, and integrations with external API’s to categorize and contextualize information for developers to build an intelligence layer on top of Nylas’ world class communications layer.
About the role
This role will be responsible for designing, developing and deploying microservices applications that build additional intelligence layers on top of Nylas’ communication APIs. You’ll be doing everything from building more API endpoints, working with data streams, aggregating data from external APIs for automated workflows, and more!
- Prototyping new concepts that power the machine intelligence components that are supercharged by Nylas communications APIs
- Designing and exploring new architectures to solve specific problems
- Building out machine learning pipelines and automation workflows
- Building infrastructure that launches Kubernetes container orchestration systems on multi-cloud environments
- Strong foundations in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Have 2 years of backend development on high-impact projects
- Track record and references from great people
- Collaborate well with product management, designers and developers
- Have excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Communicate design decisions openly and confidently, regardless of the audience—engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, etc.
- Not afraid to change your opinion in the face of new information or understanding of the product goals—you have strong beliefs, but you’re open-minded
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits for you and your family(including One Medical membership)
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- Catered lunch & Unlimited snacks
- $100 a month health and wellness benefit
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation (mandatory 2 week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours
Nylas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
Our team is roughly equal by identified gender (including engineering) and focuses on creating an inclusive environment for all people. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ startup founders, college graduates from all over the country and the world, coding academy graduates and those with no degrees at all.
We are actively and regularly working with the entire team to shape our culture in a conscious way to our ideal of empowerment, transparency, and kindness.