Nylas is building the future of communication - and enabling others to build on top of it. Our APIs enable developers to quickly integrate their apps in emails, contacts, and calendar across providers. We’re quickly surpassing our goals and are seeking a full-time Workplace & Employee Experience Manager.
Nylas has raised over $30M from Spark Capital, 8VC, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, SV Angel and more. We have offices in San Francisco, Denver, and New York, and several of us work remotely.
We think it’s really important to have a fun, inclusive, and aspirational workplace, so we collaboratively wrote about our values, benefits, perks, and published them in our . Read it to learn more about Nylas. You can also find more details at: . We love to talk about our values, so feel free to ask us more!
About This Role
Culture is at the heart of everything we do, and this role is critical to building and supporting our workplace and employees as we scale. The Workplace & Employee Experience Manager sits in our People team, reporting to our Head of People + Places, and is responsible for overseeing the facilitation of an ongoing positive experience for all Nylas employees in New York by providing consistent operational and people support.
As the ideal candidate for this opportunity, you feel comfortable making decisions in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You like to take initiative and empower those who around you to do the same. You consistently demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage day to day workplace operations in our New York office, including planning for onsite/offsite events and other team bonding activities and actively maintaining the workplace environment to reduce employee pain points
- Serve as primary point of contact and liaison with vendors on facilities maintenance, oversee inventory, budgeting, and planning of office food and supplies
- Manage workplace initiatives and create health and safety processes and programs.
- Manage cultural initiatives and help foster a fun, inclusive, and productive workplace
- Collaborate with teammates on the General & Administrative team on a variety of topics including scheduling, budgets, office & company policies, and day to day operations
- Conduct new hire onboarding, ensuring all new employees feel taken care of from Day 1
- Prepare and maintain employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ Years proven experience in Office Management or in an Administrative/Assistant role
- Passion for people and culture!
- Creative mindset to solve issues and to embrace changes
- Knowledge of Workplace responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Excellent time management, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits for you and your family (including One Medical membership)
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- $100 monthly Health & Wellness benefit
- Catered lunch & snacks
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation (mandatory 2 week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks fully paid caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours