Nylas makes it safe and easy to build applications that connect with mail, contacts, and calendars on every major communications platform. We work directly with Google Mail and Office 365 and must meet or exceed their standards for security. We are serious about security engineering.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Security Engineer to help build out our information security team. This is an engineering role, with an appsec focus, and we’re looking for candidates with IC experience and some management interest/aptitude.
As a Lead Product Engineer, you will:
- Spearhead application security projects, working closely with the product engineering team, including assessment and testing, automation, static analysis, and formalizing a secure development process from feature design to delivery.
- Spot opportunities for security features, such as multi-factor authentication, anomaly detection and runtime hardening, help design those features, and shepherd them into our platform.
- Take point on building and selling a security roadmap, including business-level objectives like SOC-2, charting a path towards hiring additional security engineers and building out the security practice at Nylas.
- Mentoring the rest of the engineering organization in security design, assessment, and testing.
- Previous experience in a role delivering product or application security.
- Expertise in software development in some language, and a willingness to quickly become fluent in our house language, Python.